All They Needed

Six walked into her and Mono's apartment and sighed tiredly. She had a bad day at work and needed to talk to him about it. She looked around and noticed that Mono wasn't home yet and frowned.

She dropped her bag by the door and plopped unto the couch. taking out her phone. calling her fiancé. she lifted her phone to her ear and listened as the phone rang. then, she smiled a little when she heard his voice answer.

"Hey babe" He greeted her.

"Hi babe, where are you?" She asked him, hoping that he would come home sooner so she could talk about her bad day.

"I just got in the car to head home, why?" He asked.

Six sighed softly unto the phone, her frown deepening.

"Bad day?" Mono guessed and Six chuckled, shaking her head. "You wouldn't believe it" she muttered and leaned back on the couch, closing her eyes.

"So many things just went so wrong and I had to fix all of them up. Even if they weren't mine in the first place!" Six ranted and sighed deeply.

"Well, when I get there, you can tell me everything" He said supportively and she felt a smile grow on her face.

"Okay, see you soon. babe" Six said.

"Love you, see you soon" Mono replied and ended the call.

Six put down the phone and checked the time. It was 5:15 and it usually took 15 minutes from Mono's work place to their apartment.

Then, she heard a meow on the floor and smiled when she saw Shroud. She picked up the white cat unto her lap and petted his head softly.

"Hey Shroud, where is Shade?" Six asked the cat and he meow again, looking to the side. suddenly another cat ran into the room and jumped unto the couch beside Six.

The girl laughed when her black cat meow happily while she pet her head.

"Hi Shade, now. we're only missing was Mono" she said and smiled sadly as their pets cuddled near her.

'Just 15 more minutes' Six said to her mind and turned to the TV, switching on Netflix and playing a show to distract herself.

Then many minutes passed by and she was already done with a whole 30 minutes episode. Six frowned as she looked at the door. noticed that Mono was still not home.

She shrugged it off. 'It's probably just traffic or that he found another stray cat or dog to bring to an animal shelter' she smiled at that thought and rolled her eyes, clicking on another episode.

So engrossed into the TV show. Six didn't notice that the episode had already passed and still Mono wasn't home. She quickly checked the time and her eyes widened when she saw that it was 6:21. Six opened a message app and clicked on Mono's name.

'Hey what happened? It's been over an hour' she texted him and frowned worriedly.

'Are you okay?' she texted next. her heart beating quicker at the answer she might get from her questions.

She waited a few minutes for him to respond since he was online. but he still hadn't read it

She called him and pressed her phone to her ear. listening to the dial tone and the line beeping. the automated voice came on saying the number was busy and not attending. she groaned in frustration and ended the call. a frown growing on her face.

'What if he isn't okay? What if he was in a car accident? What if his car got run over or it crashed?' worried thoughts ran through in Six head. as she stared at the message that was still unread.