𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

𝓐𝓷𝓷𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮

I wake up to loud music, consisting of bass, guitar(poorly played), and drums, I roll out of my bed and walk into the living room, I see Nikki holding the bass, I see a tall, brunette boy sat behind a drum set, and I see a blonde hippie dude holding a guitar. I walk over and sit on the couch, in front of the boys. "good morning Annette" Nikki smiles to me, "good morning" I smile back "whats going on here?" "oh its band auditions" Nikki explains to me. "oh, well don't let me distraction" I smile before settling into my spot on the couch, Nikki just smiles at they start playing their song.

About one minute into the song Nikki stops it "woah, woah, woah what the fuck dude? that is not what I showed you man" Nikki says to the hippie, "its just, its not like anything i've ever played before" the hippie says justifying his mistakes. "thats the fucking point man." Nikki mumbles shaking his head. "lets take a break." Nikki says turning around and placing his bass down. "well I can-" the Hippie stutters. "Tommy outside." Nikki says walking outside. "Tommy" the hippie says looking at him. "its all good, man" Tommy, I think, says while heading outside. Soon its just me and hippie in the living room, its too awkward for me so I follow the other two boys outside.

I go and stand next to Nikki, Tommy on his other side smoking a fag, "im just not feeling it, man. I can't but my-" Nikki says before Tommy cuts him off "he's a rhythm guy, man we'll sound better when we find a lead" A car pulls up outside the apartment complex playing loud, rock music. "holy shit" Nikki says while Tommy lets out a little laugh, "check this dude out"

A short, older look dude with a leather jacket comes out, he looks up at us before walking to the boot of his car, Tommy walks down the stairs to go help him while Nikki takes a swig of his beer, before we walk down the stairs and wait at the bottom. "fuck." the older man mumbles while trying to pull something out the boot of his car. "woah, dude. You got it?" Tommy says running to help the man. Tommy grabs the other side of the amp and helps the man pull it out, "you here for the audition?" Tommy asks. "yeah" "well, I'm Tommy." Tommy introduces himself. "Mick mars." the older man says. "I'm the drummer" Tommy informs. "Scrawny for a drummer" Mick states. "I used to be in suite 19 so.." Tommy defends himself against the older man, as they start to walk upstairs still carrying the amp. "shitty band" Mick says causing me too let out a light laugh. Tommy stops moving and just looks at the man, "hey, man, did ever even see us play?" Tommy asks. "suite 19?" "yeah" "don't need to. band with a shitty name ten times out of ten, shitty band." Mick says as they start walking up the stairs again. "hey" Mick says to Nikki and me. "hey man." "hey". "what the fuck do you know?" Tommy says strained as he's walking up the stairs backwards holding the amp. "been in a lot of bands with shitty names" Mick says justifying he's opinions.

I sit back on the couch once they've finally got the amp in the apartment, the four boys are sat in front of me, three of the boys holding their instruments and one boy sat behind his. "so you think you've got it?" Nikki asks Mick while Mick plugs his guitar into the amp. "Let's just fucking play it." Mick says in his monotone voice . Mick plays his guitar flawlessly while the Hippie struggles to keep up, they're all playing well expect from the hippie, Mick just plays will giving the hippie a judgmental look, the rest of the music quietens down will Mick plays a loud complex solo. The hippie just looks at him with a big of anger, "woah! woah! hold up!" the hippie says getting everyone to stop playing, Mick is good at guitar damn. "Hey, you mind turning down a little bit, old timer? I can't hear myself" The hippie says. Mick's doing the world a favour playing loud, no one wants to hear his shitty guitar. "Jesus" the hippie mumbles will Mick turns around to look at Nikki dumbfounded by the hippie. "fucking hippie ain't gonna make it" Mick says to Nikki" just loud enough for me to hear but not the hippie. "so tell him" Nikki replies, I don't know why but damn Nikki looks fine as fuck today.

Mick turns back over to the hippie and sighs, "listen to me." Mick says causing the hippie to stop looking at his guitar and to look at him instead. "There's only room for one guitar player in this band, and that's me." Mick looks off at the wall next to the couch before turning to look at the hippie. "so why don't you" pause "pack up your toys and go home?" Mick finishes "okay, I was here first alright?" the hippie says pointing to himself, while smiling. "Tommy tell him" the hippie stays looking at Mick, until Tommy purposefully drops his drum stick so he doesn't have to answer , then the hippie looks at him. "Nikki? come on!" Hippie says his voice getting a little more high pitched Nikki just shakes his head and shrugs. "really?! You're going to listen to this old dude over me?" He squeaks and Mick just stares at him judgementally. No one answers him they just stare around the room"Then fuck you guys, man" he says unplugging his guitar "and your shitting fucking band." he storms out the apartment and cries can be heard outside. "oh" I say before I burst out laughing.

"So how old are you, mick?" Tommy asks while he's standing up from behind his drums, "fuck you, you fucking teenager" mick grumbles, "what did I say?" Tommy asks walking towards Nikki. 

I stand up and walk over to Nikki and take a swig of his beer, he looks over to me and just smiles, I hand him back his beer, "you look good today" I smile to him complimenting his outfit, which consists of a dark blue shirt with white stripes, black pants, and a jazzy belt. "thanks, you looks good in my shirt" he replies to me and I just smile.

"yeah, you're goddamn right I'm old" Mick says catching all of our attentions while he puts his guitar back in the case. "old enough to know better" he says while Nikki hands him a bottle of beer, "than to waste my time fucking around with a bunch of rug-monkeys." he finishes, Nikki then hands me and Tommy a bottle of beer as well. "I'm paying child support, and sleeping on park benches." Mick finished putting his guitar away and looks at the two younger boys "so I need to know you're not pulling dick here. 'cause i,m looking to go the distance, and if thats not you guys,  let's not waste the fucking time" Mick finishes while standing up looking at the three of us seriously. Nikki stares at Mick with an emotionless look on his face before smiling and saying "I fucking love this weird little guys" He high-fives Tommy. "he's fucking real, dude" Tommy laughs. I go and sit back on my spot on the couch, and Nikki follows me, while Tommy goes and tries to give Mick a high-five but Mick just stares at him, "sorry"

"so." Mick huffs out, "someone mind telling me who does the singing in this band?" "what we need is a dude that looks like David Lee Roth, with a vibe like fucking Bowie," Nikki describes while he pops the cap of his beer off. "and I'm not about to settle for some regular looking, sounding asshole." Nikki finishes. I sit and think for a minute when I realise that sounds just like someone I know. "so, we're looking for a skinny, blonde fucker with moves." Mick says taking a drink off his beer. "wait I think I know your guy." I say