Entry Three

Dear Diary,

Things are not going as well as I had hoped today. Despite learning of the fact that I could assign my dungeon masters to a spawner so they can be revived, I was too late to do so for my first ever slime. I'm still processing how I feel about that...

I met a man named Gregory and his son Henry this morning. They were wearing medieval style clothing, much as Theodore had. Only, their clothing and the fact that one of them was wielding a pitchfork suggests they are farmers. I wonder what that means about the area outside of my dungeon?

Henry was a rather young boy of only ten years old. I had always hoped to have children of my own some day, so it was rather hard to say no when his father asked if they could train here. The boy struggled to kill my slime, at first, but eventually managed to do so after some encouragement.

I feel bad for letting one of my dungeon monsters die without having them assigned to a spawner, but I think I'll have to get used to it. From what Theodore said the other day, even a spawner won't allow them to live forever. It makes me kind of sad to think about.

Greggory's behavior towards me made me think a bit about the new situation I find myself in. He was overly polite as he insisted on calling me "mistress Violet" and repeatedly bowed. It's as if I've gone from being an average citizen of the modern day world to some sort of medieval royalty. It just doesn't quite feel right, but I also don't know that there is anything I can do to convince him to treat me more casually.

Luckily, I was able to afford a spawner by the time the two left. That will ensure I don't lose my kodama to the same fate. It's starting to grow on me a bit and I did my best to hide it while the others were here. It can't fight back at all, so I'd feel too guilty leaving it to fend for itself.

Unfortunately, I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning before I can afford to replace my slime. That is, unless more people visit my dungeon, but that seems like it would have it's own problems. I don't have any weapons to defend myself and now I don't have any dungeon monsters either. So, I think it'd be better if the dungeon remained empty for as long as possible.

I'm glad I still have a lot left to learn about the dungeon system. I'm not sure how well I will be able to relax when things are so stressful. I hope things get easier in the future.

-Violet

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including:

14 early access chapters

End of chapter shout-out

Exclusive Discord role

A special thanks to the following Patreon subscribers:

Diary Enthusiast: Travis S.,

Darling Dragon: Killer K.,

Dungeon Enthusiast: Bache F.,

Patreon Link: https://www.patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Don't forget to check out the Discord! I've got several channels set up for story discussion, useful story information, and even chapter alerts so you can get notified right away when a new chapter is released!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/2x6cfYfB9d

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-