Entry Eleven

Dear Diary,

David has been trying to make things up to me. However, I don't really know if I should trust him just yet. I'm glad he is being more gentle with me and not killing me anymore, but it seems dangerous to blindly trust people, especially him, now. I don't know if I even really want to talk about this too much, it's still a bit of a sore point. I hope things feel easier in the future...

As part of the contract with David, he has to bring me whatever tribute I want, within reason. So, I'm planning to stock up on lots of culinary ingredients. While I'm sure magical plants and metals might make more sense since I could use them to research weapons and increase the value of my dungeon, I don't really want to go that route right now. Instead, I'm hoping to create lots of delicious food to assign as rewards for completing the challenges in my dungeon.

I still don't have any real way to know what the outside world is like, but I'm operating on the assumption that this is a medieval world. What little I know from animes and school suggests that sweets should be fairly rare in this world. Plus, you know, I'm sure the children and beginner adventurers will appreciate a tasty snack for all of their efforts. I know I certainly wouldn't have complained about completing a jigsaw puzzle only to be rewarded with some tasty iced carrot bread.

Well, I've never actually had carrot bread before. I've had zucchini bread and iced cinnamon raisin bread before. Both of those were really good. I only had carrots to use at the time I was making the reward, though, so I had to use what I had. Oh well, I'm sure it will still be enjoyable, even if it is a little strange sounding.

Another new group also entered my dungeon today. It was a party made up of women from various races. The leader was a pretty blonde named Rosetta. I ended up going to greet them because they were taking forever to leave the dungeon. I can't exactly tell where everyone is, but I get a weird feeling, like my skin is crawling, when people are in the dungeon. Still, I only have a few rooms, so it was pretty easy to figure out where they were.

They were trying to stack the pieces to the jigsaw puzzle! Can you imagine? It took everything I had not to burst into hysterical laughter at the sight of it. I ended up offering them a hint on how to complete the puzzle in exchange for them leaving the dungeon. They seemed reluctant, but ended up, thankfully, accepting my offer.

I don't know how cooperative most of the people of this world will be. However, I can't really have people remaining in the dungeon too long. Since I can't build on the floor they're on and I only have one floor, it makes it hard to continue to upgrade things if they linger around too long. I mean, I don't want them to leave too quickly either. That makes it hard to earn enough mana from their visit to refill my mana in its entirety. I guess its a bit of a balancing act, one that I can't really control at that.

-Violet

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including:

14 early access chapters

End of chapter shout-out

Exclusive Discord role

A special thanks to the following Patreon subscribers:

Diary Enthusiast: Travis S.,

Darling Dragon: Killer K.,

Dungeon Enthusiast: Bache F.,

Patreon Link: https://www.patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Don't forget to check out the Discord! I've got several channels set up for story discussion, useful story information, and even chapter alerts so you can get notified right away when a new chapter is released!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/2x6cfYfB9d

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-