Entry Fifteen

Dear Diary,

I guess zombies aren't the only monsters that can enter my dungeon. At first, I was a bit worried that I was in some sort of post-apocalyptic world. Most media featuring zombies that I had read before reincarnating had suggested that they pass on their disease by biting people. A few that featured dungeons had them play a similar role to skeletons with it being less disease-based and more magic-based, making them mostly harmless, but it wasn't like I had any way of knowing which it would be.

Well, maybe the fact that there are those like Gregory and his son out in the world should have made things click for me. They not only didn't have a class, but they were wearing old, worn-down clothes and were farmers. Surely, if you were having to fight off zombies on a daily basis, your clothes would be stained with blood or, at least, require some special cleaner to take care of it. There was a reason why I used to have to carefully track my cycle and buy new clothing on a semi-regular basis.

Honestly, that's something I'm starting to wonder about as well. Part of being a human female was having periods once a month like clockwork. However, my body hardly acts the way it used to, ever since I reincarnated. I don't require sleep, but I can fall asleep as soon as I lay my head down to do so. There are no longer any nightmares or nonsensical dreams to deal with either. I always find myself reliving memories from my past life, instead. It's pleasant and I can't help but find myself wanting to sleep every chance I get. I suppose it doesn't help that there isn't much in this life to keep me motivated and present.

Of course, the biggest indicator of how different things are now has to deal with how fast I heal and the fact that I respawn, just like my dungeon monsters. That has been both good and bad to deal with. My hands aren't callused from all the swordsmanship training, which means that they remain soft, but that I have to deal with painful blisters every night. It isn't a bid deal when I'm only swinging around a sword for long enough to dispatch a few intruders, but the training takes hours and it adds up.

I suppose I got distracted from my initial point. I actually know my hands don't blister from short bursts of combat because a group of goblins entered the dungeon today. They were more aware of their surroundings and took a bit more work to take down than the zombies, but were still, surprisingly, easy to kill. I suppose they are considered beginner monsters for a reason, especially if someone without a class, like me, can take them down. Still, it's nice to see my swordsmanship training is paying off.

Unfortunately, I think I need to work on increasing the defenses in my dungeon. It's better for me to learn this lesson while the enemies are still weak, but I still can't help but worry. What happens when I'm no longer strong enough to defend the dungeon by myself? These slimes won't be nearly enough.

-Violet

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including:

15 early access chapters

End of chapter shout-out

Exclusive Discord role

A special thanks to the following Patreon subscribers:

Spoiler

Diary Enthusiast: Travis S.,

Darling Dragon: Killer K.,

Dungeon Enthusiast: Bache F.,

Patreon Link: https://www.patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Don't forget to check out the Discord! I've got several channels set up for story discussion, useful story information, and even chapter alerts so you can get notified right away when a new chapter is released!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/2x6cfYfB9d

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-