Entry Fourteen

Dear Diary,

Someone died in my dungeon today. I don't even know what happened! However, what is more worrisome is the fact that I find myself at peace with this fact. I've never even been the sort who enjoys horror movies or to root for the villains to die in the mangas I read in my previous life. I can't seem to stop panicking about this change in my perception of things, but that led to another discovery.

It feels like the dungeon is responding to my emotions. Waves of calming energy seem to roll through the dungeon around me and then I feel myself begin to calm down, against my own wishes. Considering I've always suffered with my mental health, even being diagnosed with anxiety disorder when I was younger, among other things, I suppose I should be glad. However, I know how I would normally feel and so it feels wrong that my emotions and thoughts don't seem to line up with what I know about myself.

Is my bond with the dungeon changing me? Am I losing my humanity? Am I becoming just as much of a monster as the creatures I use to defend my dungeon? I don't know what to do or what to think about all of this. Maybe it's better to just not think about it. I don't know how to stop what's happening and stressing myself out isn't good for the dungeon core anyway. Theodore just warned me the other day that I need to be careful about my own mental state if I don't want the dungeon core to further corrupt.

I got some interesting items from the adventurer who died. However he ended up dying, it seems their companions didn't collect their body. I hope it wasn't something like murder. I know the dungeon novels I used to read would have concepts like that. Using dungeons to cover up crimes since there wouldn't be any evidence of what happened after everyone left the dungeon. Since everything seems to reset around here after the adventurers leave, it would be pretty easy for people to get away with murder in a dungeon like mine.

I suppose, the least I can do is make use of what I have gained. All tributes left in the dungeon are truly precious, after all. The system breaks everything down into items and base resources as well as granting me something called 'dungeon points', which I can use to research new items from the base resources. Most of the items I got from the dead adventurer were things like clothing and rations, but I did get one thing that seems especially valuable. Wind magic will likely prove fairly useful, assuming I can figure out how to properly utilize it.

Well, I should probably wrap things up here. I need to continue working on my parkour course and then practice my swordsmanship. David won't be here for a while yet, but I only have a limited amount of time to learn from him. It would really be a waste if I don't make the most of it.

-Violet

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including:

14 early access chapters

End of chapter shout-out

Exclusive Discord role

A special thanks to the following Patreon subscribers:

Diary Enthusiast: Travis S.,

Darling Dragon: Killer K.,

Dungeon Enthusiast: Bache F.,

Patreon Link: https://www.patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Don't forget to check out the Discord! I've got several channels set up for story discussion, useful story information, and even chapter alerts so you can get notified right away when a new chapter is released!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/2x6cfYfB9d

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-