Entry Six

Dear Diary,

I don't know if this is the right decision, but I have decided to accept help from David. He, apparently, is quite skilled with a sword. His class is supposed to be that of a guardian, meaning he is basically a magic-based tank. However, I guess he learned a good bit about swordsmanship to make him more versatile. He's supposed to be retired now, but I guess that wouldn't affect his ability to wield a sword.

He had a lot to say about how weak I seemed. It's certainly true that I'm hardly prepared to fend off adventurers and monsters who might attack the dungeon. I used to do aerobic exercises, mostly, whenever I did work out in my last life. I don't have any significant strength to boast about. That isn't even to mention my lack of a class to boost my abilities like the inhabitants of this world have. I don't know if there is a way to change that, but, either way, it won't help me in the short term.

Apparently, David has to send a letter to Theodore so he can oversee the contract process. I'm not sure about this whole thing just yet, but I still agreed. It's just that having to disclose the location of all the traps in my dungeon, even if it's just to two individuals, makes me feel nervous. I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of adventurers dying in the dungeon, but I always don't like the idea of leaving the dungeon defenseless. It might be a good idea to put some traps in the dungeon, but I don't know how well that will work if they'll have to be informed of every trap I add. Well, it's just the ones on the first floor, but that's the only floor I have unlocked right now.

Maybe this will be a good way to make a new friend, though. It isn't like everyone gets along right away. Sometimes people have to spend enough time around one another, becoming more familiar with the other party, before they can even entertain the idea of becoming friends. There has certainly been times where Lee didn't get along with his coworkers until he learned more about them and then they were suddenly the best of friends. I've never really had to worry about my own coworkers, but I guess this could be something like that. I guess, only time will tell.

I have to say, though, I do, kind of, want to help Alice out. It still hurts a bit to see so many young children coming into my dungeon when I know I'll never be able to start a family of my own. Well, I mean, I guess I could technically move on and start a family with someone new, but that just feels wrong. When I keep having dreams that makes it feel like Lee is still with me, I can't help but feel like even entertaining the idea feels like cheating. No, I think I'd much rather spend my life in this new world alone, without any children of my own, than to move on.

Maybe I can try playing the role of a fun aunt? I know I used to have an aunt who spent most of her life single and then just never decided to have children after she did marry in her thirties. She felt more relatable and easier to talk to than the others and she often would spend some of her extra money to take me out on fun day trips, just the two of us.

It would likely be a bit different in this situation. I know David seems to glare at me every time I try to talk to Alice. However, Gregory seemed to accept me giving advice to Henry when they first came to the dungeon. Since I have weak slime monsters, maybe it would be good to make the first floor more beginner-friendly? That might be a good way to turn my handicap into an opportunity, anyway.

-Violet

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including:

14 early access chapters

End of chapter shout-out

Exclusive Discord role

A special thanks to the following Patreon subscribers:

Diary Enthusiast: Travis S.,

Darling Dragon: Killer K.,

Dungeon Enthusiast: Bache F.,

Patreon Link: https://www.patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Don't forget to check out the Discord! I've got several channels set up for story discussion, useful story information, and even chapter alerts so you can get notified right away when a new chapter is released!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/2x6cfYfB9d

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-