Entry Seven

Dear Diary,

I've got a splitting headache right now. I guess, despite the dungeon core being bonded to me, that it still doesn't know everything about me. I made a new room and wanted to make a slime-themed jigsaw puzzle for it, but ended up passing out. Something about the system having to scan my memories for the information. I really hope that doesn't continue indefinitely, I really don't enjoy having such severe headaches.

To make matters worse, I didn't actually have enough resources to complete the puzzle. My mana would have to be full before I could do so and then I also need something called dungeon points. Those are a resource I get from the dungeon absorbing new things and are used for upgrades and research. Still getting the hang of that, but I think I've got it mostly figured out. Normally, I would have had enough mana, but I had to use some of my mana to make a new room for the puzzle to be in first.

The progress of building the dungeon is really slow right now, so I'm glad that there haven't been very many adventurers yet. I don't know how I'm supposed to protect the dungeon from threats when I not only have to make do with weak slimes, but also can't build up my defenses very quickly. I'm sure that things will get easier over time, but that doesn't change the fact that things are pretty rough right now.

I suppose I'm probably not doing myself any favors by building a challenge room first instead of another monster field. I won't even be putting any additional slimes in the new room. I know why I'm making that decision, though. I want to try and give adventurers something to do while they're in my dungeon so they will stay longer. That will ensure that I can earn enough mana to always be topped up by the time they leave and then I can build more. Basically, I'm trying to make an important investment in the dungeon's future.

I don't know why I'm even justifying myself to you. It's not like a journal can think, much less talk, to complain about my decisions. Still, it's nice to have a way to sort out my feelings. Without anyone to talk to, I don't have any other way to handle them. I'd hate to be bottling my feelings up all of the time, I'm sure it would make all of this that much harder.

It's getting late in the day already. I doubt anyone else will visit the dungeon this late. I normally wouldn't have any way to tell how late in the day it is. However, between David always visiting later in the day and then my mana regenerating shortly before people tend to show up, I've found I can sort of estimate the time. Still, I imagine it would be pretty easy to lose track of time in here considering how cut off from the rest of the world I am.

Well, I'm probably going to get some sleep. I'll try to remember to update you on my progress tomorrow.

-Violet

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including:

14 early access chapters

End of chapter shout-out

Exclusive Discord role

A special thanks to the following Patreon subscribers:

Diary Enthusiast: Travis S.,

Darling Dragon: Killer K.,

Dungeon Enthusiast: Bache F.,

Patreon Link: https://www.patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Don't forget to check out the Discord! I've got several channels set up for story discussion, useful story information, and even chapter alerts so you can get notified right away when a new chapter is released!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/2x6cfYfB9d

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-