Entry Thirteen

Dear Diary,

Progress has been slow, but I'm definitely making it. I'm currently working on creating a huge pit in one of my rooms to fill with water. I've never been good at parkour, nor really had much interest in it myself, but I figure it will make for the perfect challenge for adventurers. I do feel a bit bad for making them jump from platform to platform while my slimes try to jump out and knock them over, but it's still gotta be better than alternatives.

Since I used to play plenty of video games and even read novels featuring dungeon explorers, I'm plenty familiar with the sort of thing that would usually be expected in this sort of environment. Things like hidden traps adventurers could easily step on only to end up having to dodge arrows flying out from the nearby walls in an attempt to kill them just isn't my style, though. Maybe I should consider it for the future, though? 

I still feel uncertain about what to do with my dungeon. Safety seems paramount, but the people of this world have all been fairly decent, thus far. Like Gregory and his son, Henry, who visited me again today. Apparently, they are trying to let him train in my dungeon long enough for him to gain his first level. That's supposed to unlock his system, if he even has one, and then he'll know whether it's worthwhile to continue pursuing adventuring as a profession.

From what they told me, there are only two ways to find out if you have a class. The other requires a holy priest or priestess to be involved, but a lot of the big churches tend to require costly donations to do so. I don't know if they're just being greedy or if they have to make actual donations to some sort of deity that rules over this world. Still, it doesn't seem right for young children or even adults to blindly go into dungeons in hopes they might get lucky enough to be one of the few with a class.

It makes me kind of glad that I have weak slimes instead of bloodthirsty goblins or something. Henry still struggles a bit with defeating my slimes, but the worst they can really do is knock him over. Since I always wanted to be a mother, it's a bit painful to see young children in my dungeon, but I also don't want to see them hurt. Rather, I want to help them grow into strong and capable adventurers. I want to help all those like Henry so that they don't have to lose their lives before they ever truly get the chance to start living it.

I wish I had someone to talk to. It helps to write my thoughts and feelings down here, but I don't think journaling on its own will fix things. I know my mental health isn't doing so well, but it isn't like I have access to a proper therapist and I don't have any friends to rely on. I'm... I'm going to go now.

-Violet

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including:

14 early access chapters

End of chapter shout-out

Exclusive Discord role

A special thanks to the following Patreon subscribers:

Diary Enthusiast: Travis S.,

Darling Dragon: Killer K.,

Dungeon Enthusiast: Bache F.,

Patreon Link: https://www.patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Don't forget to check out the Discord! I've got several channels set up for story discussion, useful story information, and even chapter alerts so you can get notified right away when a new chapter is released!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/2x6cfYfB9d

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-