Entry Two

Dear Diary,

I think I have a better idea of what is going on now. It's been a day since I last wrote anything down, but so much has happened!

I met a man named Theodore who is, apparently, responsible for ensuring my dungeon is working as intended. He is a bit scary, but he was also really helpful! Apparently, he belongs to a group of people called "dungeon diplomats" who are randomly assigned to new dungeons like mine. It's a terrifying thought, but he said he would have to kill me and the dungeon if the dungeon core became corrupted. I sure hope that never happens!

Every story I had ever read about reincarnation in my old world had suggested that it was dangerous for others to learn that you were from another world. That it was something completely unheard of and had to be hidden at all costs. Unfortunately, I failed to keep it a secret for even a day. Theodore knew that I was reincarnated as soon as he looked at the dungeon core and called me out on it. Luckily, it seems he doesn't mean any harm and being reincarnated from another world is rare, but not unheard of here.

Funnily enough, it seems that being a dungeon master is a bit like owning a property that is part of a housing association in my old world. I never signed anything agreeing to it, but I now have to follow the laws dictated by something called the "dungeon accords". It makes it so that I can't do things like hide my dungeon core room or prevent people from entering my dungeon. All of which really sucks because it makes it so that dangerous people and monsters can enter my dungeon and destroy my dungeon core, killing me in the process!

Still, I'm feeling a lot better now that I know more about how dungeons work. It's a bit different from anything in the video games I used to play, but the dungeon system seems fairly intuitive. I already have my first dungeon room built with a cute little slime in it. It's actually kind of peaceful to lay among the dandelions and grass, sunbathing, while the slime bounces past. It doesn't really have a face, but it still makes for fairly decent company. Well, I don't know if it's good as having someone to talk to, but, at least, it isn't scary.

I did feel like the room was a bit empty, though, and Theodore suggested I summon another type of monster called a kodama. I don't know much about the strange creature, just that it was in an anime I'd watched once. It's a bit creepy to look at as it's just a tiny little thing with white rounded features and pitch black holes that seem to be it's eyes and mouth. Plus, it makes a strange rattling sound when it tilts it's head, which it seems to like to do when it listens to me talk. I'm hopeful that it will grow on me, but right now it just feels unsettling.

In order to summon the thing, I also had to add an oak tree to the room. Apparently, kodamas are sort of like guardian spirits for nature. This one especially seems to enjoy resting at the base of the tree and climbing onto it's branches. I don't really know how it gets up there as I always seem to be distracted when it goes to climb up, but it certainly spooked me the first time I saw it on one of the tree's branches!

Well, that's all for now.

-Violet

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including:

14 early access chapters

End of chapter shout-out

Exclusive Discord role

A special thanks to the following Patreon subscribers:

Diary Enthusiast: Travis S.,

Darling Dragon: Killer K.,

Dungeon Enthusiast: Bache F.,

Patreon Link: https://www.patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Don't forget to check out the Discord! I've got several channels set up for story discussion, useful story information, and even chapter alerts so you can get notified right away when a new chapter is released!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/2x6cfYfB9d

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-