Entry Seventeen

Dear Diary,

I still miss my husband, but it feels like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now that I have a friend. It's still a bit early to really say how things will turn out, but, maybe, if I can make some more friends, I'll be able to feel more at home here. That's certainly been my mindset as I continue to build my dungeon, anyway.

Recently, I've been working on a garden meadow room meant for adventurers to rest in. I do plan to have signs asking for tribute in exchange for having a safe space to relax in, even if I don't actually have a way to enforce it right now. I'm just hoping that people will appreciate it enough to consider being a bit more generous towards me, leading to an increase in resources for upgrading the dungeon in the long-run.

Of course, there is also the fact that I'm feeling nostalgic about video games I used to play. They would always have rooms for healing or a room for you to take a break before going through the boss room. It just feels right to recreate that idea in my dungeon too. I don't know if I'll always have the rest rooms right before the boss rooms, but including one on every floor definitely just feels right.

I've also been working on incorporating more critters into my dungeon rooms. All of the ones I have access to are super cute like jade tree frogs or koi fish, something that seems to be a result of my initial request to have a cute dungeon. I don't feel as stupid for that decision anymore, though, I'm trying to just embrace it. If I don't treat it like a handicap, then it doesn't have to be a bad thing. I can always turn it into a marketing point for my dungeon and use it to encourage more visitors to my dungeon.

Sure, I can't actually leave the dungeon, which still feels a bit restricting, but the adventurers who do visit my dungeon can spread the word of how amazing my dungeon is. Surely, weak monsters like slimes can be useful for low-level individuals to practice their techniques on. Having easy challenges means that children can figure out how to safely explore a dungeon without having to risk their lives too. It would be pretty neat to see my first floor filled with locals and parents with their children. Maybe that will even lead to more opportunities to make more friends and give me a better sense of purpose than I have now.

I'm going to have to figure out what's going on with the undead that keep attacking my dungeon, though. It isn't just zombies anymore, I had skeletons today as well. They were a lot harder to kill off because I don't have a blunt weapon to attack them with. Luckily, my slimes were able to take care of them, even if it did take way too long. Before the last one could be finished off, David ended up arriving at the dungeon for swordsmanship training. The way he dispatched of it so easily was a bit embarrassing for me. I shouldn't be struggling with such basic, weak monsters, right?

Anyway, I'm pretty sore after training and I'd rather go to sleep now, so I'll be calling it a day now.

-Violet

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including:

15 early access chapters

End of chapter shout-out

Exclusive Discord role

A special thanks to the following Patreon subscribers:

Diary Enthusiast: Travis S.,

Darling Dragon: Killer K.,

Dungeon Enthusiast: Anonymous, Bache F.,

Patreon Link: https://www.patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Don't forget to check out the Discord! I've got several channels set up for story discussion, useful story information, and even chapter alerts so you can get notified right away when a new chapter is released!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/2x6cfYfB9d

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-