Getting To Know Elsa

Okay, the claws were new. They just popped out into his life and he just noticed them when he closed the door of his locker. Danny slumped, temple on the door of his tiny locker. What was he supposed to say now? He owned claws and they looked wicked sharp. What's next, flaming hair?

Tucker greeted him, "Morning, my guy! How was last night?"

Danny opened his mouth, contemplated, before closing them. Elsa had kept his secret. He will keep hers. Whatever they were, she deserved her privacy being respected just as she had respected his. So instead, he grinned, flashing his fangs, and said, "I just had the best sleep of my life!"

Tucker blinked, sucking on the straw of his tumbler, smelling of coffee, "Really? Must be a quiet night,"

Danny shrugged, "Yeah...then again, I have been having loads of quiet nights lately," Which was true. He did exchange punches with the likes of Skulker and Ember now and then. Then there where the Tragic Lovers, Johnny 13 and Kitty. They liked dating on this side of the veil so Danny often had to chase them around once they grew bored of boring old dating routine and started 'spicing' things up, ghost style. He had no problem with them dating in Amity Park, but their habit of adding some excitement to their dates caused him to be less understanding of them. Then there's the Box Ghost.

Tucker hummed, "I have not had time to play Doomed these days. Also, their updates have been slowing down,"

Danny shrugged, "Maybe they are finally moving on to a different game? I mean, Doomed is old," It had been around forever, for as far back as Danny can remember.

Tucker slumped, "Maybe. Man, has it really been that long?"

Once upon a time, they would have made a bigger noise about it. But life moved on and their interest shifted to other things. With graduation just around the corner, they were busier looking up college pamphlets and brushing up on things that they would be using as a college hermit. They do sometimes play Doomed when they find time, but most of the time they were just too busy to even procrastinate.

Danny smelled winter blossoms before he saw her as Elsa closed the locker the school had assigned her to. She looked up to see him watching her. She lowered her gaze and gave him a tiny nod of recognition before continuing her day. The paranoid part of him, the part that had been built from betrayals, settled down. She was sincere when she told him that she understood his need for secrets but he cannot help the anxiety born out of necessity to survive.

As they head for class, she walked ahead and he followed along the scent of winter blossoms that trailed along her. Almost tracking. He noticed that her hair was really so pale that they almost looked white under the fluorescent lights of the school.

He flinched when Tucker pushed his arm with a whisper, "Danny? Dude, your eyes are glowing,"

Danny drew in deep breathes like he just woke up, "Really? Sorry. Don't know what came over me,"

Sam joined them, "Ugh! My parents wanted me to make nice with these couples and their annoyingly good looking son. What era are we living in, even?! I'm not open for 'courting'," She spat out the word like they were acid in her mouth.

Tucker snorted, "I cannot imagine anyone 'courting' you!"

Danny ignored the way her amethysts sought his. He cannot fold. His decision had been made. It would not do anything good for either of them. Tightening his hold on the books in his arms, he pushed into the classroom. His eyes found Elsa putting all the necessary items on her desk. Somehow, she kept her eyes down instead of looking up. He frowned slightly at that before shaking his head.

Why did it matter that she wasn't looking at him?

They hardly knew each other. In fact, last night was like an acid trip for Danny, even if it was real. He didn't even know why he even wanted to leave a trace of him behind in the form of an ice rose.