Guardians of Spirits

When Elsa first arrived in Amity Park, she was unsure. A week after her arrival, she enrolled into Casper High and almost crashed into Danny who was busy flirting with his girlfriend. He was still with Sam Manson then. Along with his other friend awkwardly standing near, Tucker Foley. That year, she had to share a locker with someone that owned the locker besides Danny. Being so new to the surrounding and the idea of school itself, she had not noticed his bulk until she crashed into him from avoiding a group of rowdy younger girls squealing about Phantom's latest fight.

That was how she met Danny Fenton.

He was also the one that was entrusted by Mr Lancer to show her around school. She had noticed that he appeared tired, the underside of his eyes painted in the bruises of fatigue. His blue eyes were dull, almost dead even as he was animatedly showing her around. His hair was messy, as if he just rolled out of bed and couldn't be bothered. He had not worn a glove back then, but a glance of his fingers against her skin caused her fine hair to rise in goosebumps. He was shorter, smaller in size and height but still a full head taller than her.

One his job was done, he quickly left her for his friends. Then a ghost attacked the school. Elsa was lost, not knowing what to do. She tried to follow what the students around her were doing but with so many people and her control still horrible, she ended up separating from them in fear of hurting them. She was seeking a place to hide when a missile almost hit her. Before she could do anything, a green shield snapped between her and the missile. Then, he appeared to defend her.

That was how she met Danny Phantom.

He was lively, despite being a ghost, glowing a gentle white like the moon. His hair white and the ends trailed away like stardust, they floated about his head as if he was underwater. She thought that he looked cold. She had wondered if he had died frozen. His lips were almost bruised like those freezing in the cold as he was so pale he looked almost blue in shade. But his eyes were what caught her attention. They were bright green, swirling like twin portals, a single slice of bright white took the place of his pupils, like a cat's eye. The sclera of his eyes dark, almost black, as he looked over to her to ensure that she's okay. Then, with a twitch of his elongated ears tapered to a sharp point, he moved to intercept another attack.

He took the fight away from her and only when he was out and gone did the shield over her disappeared. She quickly regain her emotional control and walk out to where the other students were. Danny Fenton found her wandering and was quick to call her over to him where the rest of the students were being counted. He gave her the same cursory glance before smiling and talking about random things about ghosts.

She took it in, noticed that there was a scratch on his jaw that was bruising, recalling the same spot where Phantom was hit and thought about it. It was only after school ended and catching sight of Fenton coaxing a cat down from a tree did the thought about them being the same occurred to her. It should have been impossible to even think of it, but Elsa had lived an impossible existence all her life.

As she continued to observe both Fenton and Phantom, she knew that she was right when even Matthias pointed out their obvious similarity. At first she had wondered why no one in Amity seemed to talk about it, or at least gossip about it like Paulina and her cohort would gossip about Phantom to anyone with too little life to live to listen to her. Then, Paulina unknowingly gave her a clue.

No one knew...or noticed that the living Fenton and the dead Phantom were one and the same.

It wasn't that Paulina suddenly grew a bigger brain that can process things other than all the shallow things that she held as gospel. No. Rather, it was how she and Dash Baxter treated Danny Fenton. As the so called biggest fans of Phantom, they behaved horribly with Fenton. It was only when Danny grew larger than the jock did the blond fool stopped pushing him around. Which was good because Elsa was getting tired of seeing the jock getting karma from Danny's passive aggressive retaliation.