Ice Queen's Return

Danny's voice trailed away when Elsa stopped pressing on the piano's keys. He looked at her, "Why did you stop? I was about to get that line,"

She frowned at him, her expression lacking amusement, "Danny. Something is bothering you. I had stayed silent the past two days but the thing about music is, if you cannot focus solely on the emotions conveyed by the lyrics, you will ruin the song. So..." She turned her body to focus on him solely, "What is going on?"

Danny grimaced, "I..." He thought about lying but...Elsa's his Grave. If there was anyone that deserved the truth, it would be her. In the end, he explained, "The Red Huntress tried to...talk to me a few nights back. I-I..." He sighed, "I panicked. I saw her and I...couldn't control my reaction. All I can see was her, on her hoverboard, grinning in victory as she drove that ectoranium spike into my chest. I can feel the bullet digging into my head. I thought I can even feel it still buried inside my brain! I...I can't be around her, Elsa. I barely managed to stop myself from becoming violent with her. But at this point, I can only see her as a threat,"

He's trembling. Death had washed over him, pulling him into the other side, changing into a ghost as if preparing his fight or flight response. As if he was still there, looking up at Valerie Gray's red visor, seeing that horrible, horrible victory in her eyes and in the wicked grin of her smile. If being with Sam was like sitting on a still burning coal, slowly burning himself, then being near Valerie was like being bathed in blood blossoms.

Cool fingers wrapped around his wrist, stopping him from scratching at the bullet scar on his temple just about his right brow. It was a new nervous tic that he had developed around danger but could not do anything about it. His long front locks had covered it and his parents never noticed. They had been busy working on a project that they had been very secretive about. He was still arguing about shutting down the Ghost Portal with them.

Elsa's voice reached him, "Danny. You should have told me,"

He frowned, "What if she hurts you?"

Elsa sighed, "Danny. I am human. If she hurt me, she will be hold accountable for crimes against another human. I will be protected by this law. And with my family's resources, winning a case will be easy. As much as rich people's habit of getting away with heinous crimes disgust me, I am not a criminal in this case," She rubbed his arm, "Besides, are we not together in this? Leave the humans to me,"

Danny didn't like it but seeing the steal in her ocean eyes, he cannot help but relent, "Fine. But the first sign of violence on her part, I am not going to pull back punches,"

His distorted voice at the end told her enough that his ghost was close to the surface.

The next day, he nervously followed Elsa around. Clinging tight to her and glaring at anyone that came near suspiciously. Even her constant reassurance that they were no danger to her couldn't keep him calm for long. Tucker came around, curious about his behavior, Sam lingering near, just as curious. As terrible as their break up had been, the bond that they had build through the years and through fire wasn't so easily broken. It had eroded to the point of acquaintances but there will always be a level of care between them. Even if it can never be to the level it once was.

Tucker asked, "What is going with Danny?"

Elsa answered, "Valerie,"

Sam frowned, "She's still trying to corner him for a 'talk'?"

Danny grumbled, "Elsa wants to talk,"

Sam looked at her, "Are you sure about that?"

Elsa lifted her chin, "I can handle her,"