You Can't Hurt Me If You Try

"So our project falls under literature study,"

Danny sat across from Elsa, who hummed in agreement. As usual, a boxed lunch was spread between them. It seemed that she insisted on feeding him good food and treated him to a nice batch of baked goods. He noted, "So far, from what you told me about Bella's point of view, she's...very girly. Edward's point of view about her is...well, the Cullens were all questioning just how often was she dropped as a baby,"

Elsa nodded, "The stark difference on how men approach things and how women approach things can be seen,"

Danny gobbled another cookie, somehow the taste of ectoplasm mixed with the lingering taste of her frost making it even better for him, "Girls are more romantic, is what you're telling me?"

Elsa shrugged, the movement elegant, "Well, she's a teenager after all. I doubted that women think about romance all the time,"

Danny looked at her, "You don't think about romance all the time?"

She hummed, "I leave all thoughts of romance to Anna,"

Danny snorted, "Right. You give her all your feelings, leaving yourself cold and unmoved,"

She quirked a brow at him, "Am I really that cold?"

Danny blinked before putting his chin on his hand, "Not really. Not once I get to know you. I think you are more like those ice hotels in the Arctic, you know? Cold on the outside, cozy on the inside?"

Elsa tilted her head at him, "You find me cozy?"

Danny shrugged, "I mean...ever since we started talking and become friends, you have been feeding me and putting me to sleep and all. I can't think of anything more cozy than food and bed," He looked to see her looking down but the slight shake of her shoulders told him that she's hiding her smile and silencing her laughter. He squinted his eyes at the sight, deciding that one day he'll make her laugh openly. He bet everything that he owned that she have a cute laugh.

That said, "Hey, Elsa? Come over to my house. I'll take you to see my mentor I told you about,"

Elsa looked at him, "Today?"

Danny shrugged, "Why should we wait? I'm free...unless you're not?"

He should have asked her that first.

Elsa shook her head, "My schedule is clear for today,"

Danny grinned, "Alright! Our plan is set!"

That evening after school, Elsa asked Danny, "Would you like a ride?"

Danny gawked at the sight of the limousine parked before him, "Is it really alright for a peasant nobody like me to ride this?"

Elsa's chauffeur opened the door and she slipped inside before looking at him, "Come along. It makes no sense to go separate...unless...duty call?"

Danny shook his head, "Uh, no! No duty call right now!" He cleared his throat as he climbed in, "Excuse me,"

He had been in rented limousine before but this would be the first time he's in a high class limousine. He gawked at everything. He then pulled his limbs close to his body, trying to all but shrink so he won't break anything. This limousine felt very different from the normal cars. Everything felt so much more comfortable and expensive. It made him really self conscious about his middle working class background. Which was just weird since he's friend with Sam. However, Elsa's wealth seemed to be on a different level altogether.

Elsa opened the little cooler included inside the limousine and handed him a juice pack.

Danny silently accepted the offering, thanking her in the process.