Ghosts And Spirits

"GREAT ONE!"

Danny laughed as Frostbite cheerfully and grandly welcomed him. He blushed at Elsa's confused look sent his way. He mumbled, "I'll explain later,"

She wasn't there when Pariah Dark took over Amity Park, was she?

He greeted Frostbite, "Hey, Frostbite! How are you?"

Frostbite laughed, "I am as I am, Great One!" His eyes then landed on Elsa, "Oh? You have brought a friend? I do not know her. Why have you brought her here?"

Danny chuckled, "This is Elsa. She's from Arendelle. She..." He looked at her and Elsa nodded, lifting her hand and created a rose, a copy of the one he left her, "Need help with that,"

Frostbite gasped before his expression turned stern, "Come inside. Now!"

Confused and alarmed by his reaction to Elsa's power, he gripped her hand to tell her that everything will be alright, to which she replied with her own silent squeeze. They then followed Frostbite into his lair. The Great Yeti took them in deep and once they were so deep that Danny couldn't even recognize where he was anymore, Frostbite raised a shield. Trying not to panic, he asked, "Frosty?"

Frostbite sighed, "Forgive this humble servant, Great One, but you have brought before us someone very important. Someone that must be protected no matter what,"

Danny frowned, "What do you mean? Elsa is...well, she is an important friend but...I have feeling a that you meant something more,"

Frostbite nodded, "What do you know of spirits?"

Danny blinked, "Aren't they just another way of saying ghost, like specter?"

Frostbite shook his head before smiling warmly at Elsa, "Little Lady, can you please show me how you wield your gift?"

Not knowing what was going on and relying on Danny's reaction to cue her next action, and so far he had been nothing but calm, Elsa did just that. She summoned a tiny snowman that fit in her hand.

Frostbite hummed as he studied them, gesturing at the table, "Please, Milady, can you place both ice and snow on my table?"

Elsa finally let Danny's hand go to put both the ice rose and the snowman on the table. But once she relinquished them, she quickly sought the comfort of his hand once more. Danny let her hold onto him. All these must be bewildering for her. He stepped closer to her, hoping to make her feel more secured in the presence of the unknown. He also knew how it felt like to be on the edge of getting an answer. The minute trembling of her hand told him everything he needed to know on how she felt even without his empath senses.

Frostbite suddenly bowed to Elsa, "To think that a living spirit would grace my home. This is an honor,"

Elsa tightened her hold on Danny's hand before asking, "W-what did you mean by that, Lord Frostbite?"

Frostbite blinked, "You don't know?" At her nod, he explained, "Spirits and ghosts once exist side by side. Ghosts are here, representing the world that once was. The past. Spirits are there, representing the world that is. The present. While ghosts are mostly things that are dead, like a dead dream or a dead land, spirits are those that are made of the still living. A lively world. Spirits of fire, of water and air, of earth and the people. They are life itself," He smiled, "They are magic,"

Danny blinked, "Magic exist?"

Frostbite looked at him in confusion, "Great One, surely you understand how your portal came to be?"

A sacrifice. Payment.

Danny absentmindedly rubbed his chest, "I...never really like thinking about it,"