Obsessions

Danny wondered what was going on with Elsa. She seemed conflicted about something. He shifted before Ember's musical blast could reach him, still distracted by the recent going on in his life. Ember growled, "Alright, beef stick! Stop being distracted and focus on me!"

Danny grimaced, "I think you should just stick with 'dipstick' instead of...whatever it is you're calling me now,"

Ember smirked, "Why? Got something you're not sharing?"

Danny glared at her, "I am so taken. You girls should just...stop. You know? I am getting tired of all the innuendos and stuff. I thought you ghosts will stop coming after me now that I have someone,"

Ember rolled her eyes as she shot another 'note' at him, "Well, the rumors were that you're not wanted,"

Danny flinched, "...no,"

Ember caught onto his discomfort, "Oh? What's this? Is it true, then? That you're not wanted by your Obsession? Oh poor baby cake," She purred, "I can comfort you,"

Danny shot an energy blast to her face, "No, thank you. I'm good,"

She snarled, "Hey! I'm trying to be nice here!"

Danny rolled his eyes, "Nice or not, I don't want Skulker to add more reasons why he hate me on his list,"

Ember snorted, "That guy hates everything that's not about hunting or inventing weapons to hunt or new rare species..." She squinted at Danny, "Although...your sweet little thing smelled something sweet-!" She choked as Danny's hand grabbed her around the neck and squeezed before she could blink. As she scratched at his gloved hand, she realized that she had stepped past whatever invisible boundary he had.

Danny's eyes glowed bright poison green of death as he glared at her, "You better tell you tin man to keep his hands off my girl or I'll eat him," He sneered, "Outside his tin can, he's nothing more than a little blob of food to me, understand?"

Ember tried to keep up her bravado but his ice slowly started to freeze the outer layer of her ghost skin, causing her to pause as she stared into his eyes.

Danny whispered, "Did you know, in another life, in another future, I destroyed your voice? I can be a monster of a ghost if you push me hard enough. So don't try me,"

Her eyes widened at the spiky shadow flickering over his head. Frantic to save herself, she nodded desperately at him. He studied her for any scheme and only let her go once he discovered none. He lifted the Dispenser, "In. Now,"

She accepted the 'invitation' without another word. As she was pulled in, she cannot help but shudder at the sight of frigid eyes and frozen crown of black iron flickering in and out of sight like a ghost over his white hair...

If Pariah Dark was fiery rage unleashed, then Danny Phantom was icy terror restrained...

Danny, unaware of what goes through her mind, sighed as he pulled back his anger and need to tear Ember apart back under control. He had not known what had came over him...

No.

He knew what. A threat towards Elsa. The moment Ember implied that she would send Skulker after her, he simply reacted and almost didn't stop himself from crushing her throat right there and then. And for whatever reason, he just knew that he was able to destroy her. He looked at his hand that had grabbed her. They didn't even tremble. He was prepared to do the worse thing...

"I am inevitable!"

Danny closed his eyes. He thought about Him often lately. But it was different. He was only doing all those horrible things to protect Himself. Danny was going to do it to protect Elsa. Perhaps becoming a monster was inevitable for him but at least he can choose what sort of monster he wanted to become.