Haunting Realization

Danny stared at the poster on the bulletin board, "Seriously?"

Tucker whistled, "A Halloween Costume Party? Should we invite Fright Knight?"

Sam snorted, "Sure. Let's invite Aragon and Dora along to complete the medieval theme,"

Danny winced as he heard Paulina described excitedly to her friends, "...and when Phantom see me in my Princess dress, he will sweep me off my feet! We will fly under the moon and then we will share a kiss! It will be so romantic! I will show him how good a woman I am and then he will propose to me!"

Sam made a disgusted noise, "Ugh! Her delusion is getting worse. We are already in our senior year. She should get serious or she'll be cleaning up hallways in this stupid school,"

Danny said nothing. He looked at the requirement and raised a brow, "We need to bring a date,"

Tucker cleared his throat loudly, "Well, ladies! TF is here and free for the taking to dates! Come and grab me!"

Sam sighed, "Well, that sucks," She looked at Danny only to find him walking towards another girl. She tightened her hold on her spider bag's strap. She needled Tucker, "Do you think he's going to ask her?"

Tucker pulled off the banana peel from his head and dropped it into the bin beside him, "Who?"

Sam ground her teeth, "Danny...do you think he's going to ask Elsa?"

Tucker looked up to see Danny talking to the foreign girl. He sighed. Danny had been growing distant with them since he broke up with Sam. Not that Tucker didn't know why. Danny already told him over and over that being with Sam hurt him. He tried to get them back together but after almost a year, he knew then that Danny will never be with Sam again. Even if he told Danny that Sam still loved him or that she secretly cried while looking over pictures of when they were dating or rubbing the class ring he had given her when they started dating, there was nothing in his dull blue eyes that could suggest the return of affection for her. Whatever Danny had felt for her once, it died the week leading up to their break up. His attempts had also started to cool after a year of nothing. Even if it hurted to see Sam breaking into tears randomly after Danny brushed her off, there was nothing left that Tucker can do. If he forced it any further than 'just friends', Danny might break things off with him too.

As much as it hurted to see Sam holding onto the past, it was actually a relief for Tucker to see Danny moving on. He can't revive what Danny had buried for Sam. But the least he can do was be there when she finally see that Danny will never come back to her.

He hummed, "Maybe. He seems happy with her,"

Sam glared at him, the pain of betrayal in her eyes at what he just said.

Tucker sighed, "Look, Sam...let's just face it. You and Danny-,"

She raised her hand to stop him, "Stop right there, Tucker Foley. Don't you dare say it,"

Tucker grimaced, "Sam-,"

Sam shook her head, "No! I'm not listening to this," She bit her bottom lip as they watched the way Elsa nodded and accepted Danny's offered hand, something that they seemed to be doing often out of the blue. A tear fell from her eyes before she turned her pain into fury to glare at her only other friend, "I thought you were my friend..."

Tucker winced at the pain in her voice as she angrily walked away from him. He sighed, feeling tired of the drama. Even at home, he can't escape it. He pulled off his reggae beanie, "What are we coming to?"

Sam was actually miserable instead of using it like her 'identity' as Goth.

Danny looked livelier even though he felt more and more like a corpse.