Chapter 8

Fawnbriar groomed Ravenpaw, carefully avoiding the arranged cobwebs.
"Stop licking me like I'm a kit!" Ravenpaw meowed in a high pitch tone.
"Nonsense! You need to look good. You can, really, only become a warrior once," Fawnbriar replied continuing to smooth down Ravenpaw's ruffled fur.
Then all of a sudden they heard a yowl from outside the den. Ears perked up and ready to get up.
Ravenpaw stood wobbly. Unable to find the right balance.
"Let me help," the medicine cat offered. Fawnbriar stood beside Ravenpaw, balancing her so she wouldn't fall. Then the two began to walk towards the fern entrance.
Blinded by the daylight at first, then eyes slowly adjusting to the light. Ravenpaw stood in front of the crowd of cats. The entire clan looked at her with curiosity and happiness in their eyes as they watched the apprentice walk by them.
"Ravenpaw, step forward," Brackenstar told. As the deep brown apprentice appeared from the crowd.
"I Brackenstar, leader of ShadeClan look down at this apprentice, she has learned and understands the warrior code and I command her a warrior in return. Ravenpaw, do you promise to protect your Clan even at the cost of your life?"
"I do."
" then by the powers of BrightClan I give you your warrior name. Ravenpaw from this day forward you will be known as Ravenfern, we all respect kindness and courage, and hope you will fight to the last moment as you have shown. We know accept you a permanent warrior of ShadeClan!" Brackenstar said at last, jumping down and touching her nose with the new warriors. And whispered—
"Let a new era of warriors begin with you."