Chapter 9

It is the first gathering  since Ravenpaw was made a warrior. All the Clans were at peace, but one was at its braking point.

"Ravenfern! It's time to go!,"Smokerain yowled into the warriors den, waking Ravenfern from her sleep.
Ravenfern drowsily climbed out of her nest and began walking, her tail dragging in the dirt.
"You don't want to go to the gathering like that," Smokerain laughed.
Ravenfern looked at herself, all dusty with spiked fur. She looked at her old mentor and smiled, giving her chest a few embarrassed licks. Then started grooming herself to make herself look presentable.

It was moonhigh, the stars shining brighter than ever before, the fresh air scented with the other Clans, heather and gorse flowers from BreezeClan, fish and river water from TideClan, pine trees and marshland from ShadeClan, and for the first time in moons, rocks and snow from-StormClan.
As ShadeClan made their way onto the gathering island, they were cast warm looks by all the Clans
except for StormClam. Cold glares were cast against the ShadeClan cats as they settled down into their positions.
Brackenstar made her way up to her position next to Mistystar, Greystar, and the newly made leader.
"Let this gathering begin!" Yowled Mistystar.
"You mind introducing yourself to the rest of the gathering?" Greystar whispered the new StormClan leader, a hint of irritation in his voice.
"For those of you who don't know me, I am the new leader of StormClan!" She tan she-cat announced.
"My name is Orangestar-"she yowled. "And this is our new deputy Mossyrock!" She completed, sitting back down.
Orangestar nodded to Greystar to share.
"Everything is going well in BreezeClan. We have appointed a new medicine cat apprentice, her name is Whitepaw!" He told the gathering.
"Whitepaw! Whitepaw! Whitepaw!"
Tidestar raised her tail for silence, then waited for the gathering to silence.
Ravenfern folded her ears back in annoyance at the crowd. She began walking towards the bushes where she could have some silence.
Ravenfern looked into the water, watching the fish swim by. Suddenly, she heard a rustling noise in the bushes behind her.
Ravenfern looked behind her to see a BreezeClan cat walking towards her.
"Hi! I'm Cloudfur!," the white tom meowed.
" What's your name?" He asked the chestnut colored she-cat.
"I'm Ravenfern." She told.
"You have such pretty eyes, Ravenfern. There are so unique!" the white tom meowed, warming Ravenfern's fur, making her slightly blush.
"Thanks, you're one of the only cats who said that before," she said happily.
Suddenly she heard Brackenstar's voice and the crowd silence.
"I have to go," Ravenfern meowed rushingly.
"Meet me at the burnt ash at the border tomorrow, at moonhigh!" He whispered before Ravenfern left.
Ravenfern made it out into the clearing just in time.
"We have a new warrior of ShadeClan-" Bracken-
star paused."-Ravenpaw, is now Ravenfern's!" The flame colored she-cat yowled, a warm smile lit on her face.
"Ravenfern! Ravenfern! Ravenfern!" The crowd cheered even louder than before, but above all the voices, Ravenfern heard Tinyclaw's the loudest.