Chapter 2

The next day

Karen POV

The family (my sisters, their kids, and their husbands) will be visiting Christina today to meet her! Everyone is genuinely excited.  I just ask God to provide me with a smooth day.  I had invited everyone over for dinner at our place, and then I was going to take everyone skating. As soon as I found out that Christina couldn't skate, I immediately changed the arrangements by calling my sisters up in our group chat.
I wanted bonding time with Christina so I took her with me to go shopping while Kierra & J Drew were at school. We arrived to Walmart to grab some last minute things that we needed for dinner.

Karen:  Will you please grab that candle for me, sweetie? (I asked, she grabbed it from the shelf and put it into the cart). Can you smell it for me?

Christina: (responding in a calm, soft voice) It smells good (while smelling the candle.)

Christina reminded me so much of my younger self. She's very soft spoken, quiet, and to herself.

Karen: Here let me see (grabbing the candle) your right! (I smiled and replied) You have good taste, sweetie.

We started to head to the register once I had finally gotten everything I needed. As we were walking, a man in front of us began to stare strangely at Christina.

Karen: Excuse me, can I help you?

Stranger: Your Christina right? (Disregarding my question and concentrating on Christina)

The man gave off a feeling that he was high on drugs, and my spirit told me that something was seriously up.

Karen: And who are you?

Stranger: (glancing from me to Christina again) Tell yo momma that I'll make her life miserable if she doesn't pick up the phone! (He said, turned around, and walked away before vanishing.)

Karen: Christina, who is he?

I looked at Christina and tears started to run down her face

Karen: What's wrong, honey?

Christina: Can we please go? (She said rubbing her tears off of her cheeks)

After checking out quickly, we rushed back home. It was quiet while we were in the car.  There was no music playing, and Christina was constantly staring out the window with tears streaming down her face. I prayed to God to give me the correct words to say before I said anything else.

Karen: Christina, my love,  you don't have to talk about anything if you don't want to, but just know that I will always be here for you. You can talk to me about anything and everything. I'm such a great listener. I'll just listen to you vent if you want me to be silent and not say anything.

Christina: That was my mommas ex boyfriend.. ( she said looking down playing with her fingers)

Karen: Am I able to talk?

Christina: yes ma'am.

Karen: Why is he coming for your mother?

Christina: It could be so many reasons. Either she has something he wants, he wants to be with her, or... Nevermind. I just really got to make it back home to call her.