Chapter 8

Christina POV

Karen: Are you alright?

Christina: (throwing up) Y-yes.

Karen: You know what. We are going to go to the hospital, get your things.

Christina: No, I promise I'm alright. I think it's just food poisoning.

For the past few week, I haven't been feeling well. I would throw up after eating anything and even when I didn't eat. I felt so nauseous.  Even though I was beginning to worry, I kept it to myself.
As I got up from the toilet, I washed my hands and my face. When I was finished, I turned to face my Nana, who was wearing a troubled frown. I glanced downward and then upward at the mirror.

Karen: Chris, this has been going on all week. I don't think it's food poisoning.

Christina: I'm going to be fine, you don't have to worry. (I smiled then walked out of the bathroom leaving my nana inside)

I still felt sick so I called my aunt Dorinda to see if she could take me to the hospital without my nana knowing.

Christina: Hey auntie!

Dorinda: Heyyy Chris! How are you doing?

Christina: Not too well.

Dorinda: What's going on?

Christina: I haven't been feeling too good, I was wondering if you aren't busy could you take me to the doctor? But if your busy it's fine, you don't hav-

Dorinda: I'm on my way. I'll be there in a bout 15 minutes!

Christina: Thank you so much!

About 20 minutes later Auntie Doe was outside, she was always late. I knew my nana was going to be concerned about my whereabouts so I had to make up a lie and told her that me and Auntie Doe was going to hang out. She obviously bought it .
We drove off as soon as I got inside.

Dorinda: So does your head hurt? Your stomach?

Christina: I feel very nauseas, I feel like I have to puke every minute.

Dorinda: Is it something you've ate?

Christina: I don't know, I think so. I just never felt like this before.

We then arrived to the hospital. After checking in auntie Doe had to make a phone call so she stood in the hallway while I went inside the room.

Dr. Gwen: Hello! Ms. Evans right?

Christina: Yes sir.

Dr. Gwen: So what brings you in today?

Christina: Well, I have been feeling really nauseous this whole week. I can't stop throwing up, I'm always so tired, my head hurts, well basically everything hurts.

Dr.Gwen: Mhm (while writing notes) When did this all start?

Christina: About 2 weeks ago.

Dr.Gwen: Are you sexually active?

Christina: N-no.

Dr.Gwen: When was the last time your cycle came?

Christina: About a month ago I think.

Lord please don't make it what I think it was.