Chapter 6

Present*

Christina POV:

I never liked going to school; it was easier to skip it when I lived with my mother, but it seems like my grandparents will be strict with me about this. It's obvious they don't play.
All I wanted was to make it through the day. I didn't want anyone to approach me, stare at me, or even make eye contact. I prayed for a little before going to my first class, which was math. I walked immediately to the back corner, where it could be more difficult for people to see me, and I prayed that nobody would choose to sit near to me. Everyone sat in the first 3 rows but then someone with a camouflage bandanna and shirt quickly sat next to me.
Why didn't she sit in the front with everyone else? I really didn't want her to talk to me..

Lisa: Hey! I'm Lisa, what's yo name?

I looked at her and pulled a fake smile

Christina: Hi, I'm Christina ( I said, then turned away so she wouldn't speak to me.)

Lisa: You new here?

Why is she still talking to me? Ugh!

Christina: um, yes I am.

Lisa: You not much of a talker huh? (She says with a giggle)

Christina: Ima be real with you, I just want to get through this day. And I definitely don't wanna make friends. Especially with girls. (As I looked down to draw a heart in my music notebook)

Lisa: Well we are even! You give stuck up, girly girl that lives in a big house vibes anyway. (As she rolls her eyes then drawing in her notebook)

Christina: I'm not, though. (As I turned to face her again)

Lisa: mhm (continuing to draw)

I ignored her and then class began. I hate math, what's the point of learning angles and stuff?
After attending all of my other classes the school day was finally over. I made it with no one else talking to me. However, as usual, I received a few strange looks. My grandmother Karen was waiting for me in her white Range Rover when I went out the door.
Smiling, I hopped in.

Karen: Hey sweetheart! How was your first day? (As she grabs my backpack and turns to place it in the back)

Christina: It was alright..ready to go home. ( I said, laying my head against the door and yawning.)

Karen: Awe poor baby is tired. Ima get you home.

We arrived at the house quickly since it was not too far from the school. I asked my grandmother a question as she started to park.

Christina: Have you heard from my mom? I would love to tell her about my first day. (I spoke with a hint of eagerness)

It took a moment for her to speak until she broke the silence