Chapter 16

Faith POV:

It was a normal Friday morning. I decided to go to the liquor store since I ran out of all my bottles, it was just up the street to me so I walked.
Once I got there I started to search for some Donjulio, I then notice someone walking over to me.. I tried to hurry up and get my drink until they stopped me.

Unknown: Excuse me miss.

I turned to look at them and responded with my facials.

Unknown: Sorry for disturbing you, but I couldn't help but notice you. Your Faith right?

Faith: Who's asking?

Unknown: Wow! It's so nice to meet you!

forcing me to shake their hand, but I swiftly released it.

Unknown: I overheard a song by that new artist Notorious B.I.G and it was featured by you on the radio and I just want to tell you it's good to have you back. Your music will, in fact, reach the top of the charts. I'm going to let you go, but if no one said it I'm proud of you. (He smiles)

As I watched him walk out of the store my mind started to race with things.. "did Dray really release the song?", "how will people think of me?" "Am I back famous?"

While paying for my Donjulio the store worker even congratulated me. Where have I been??
After paying and walking back home Dray calls me. I hurried up to pick it up and once he shared the news I was speechless.

Dray: The song hit #20 on the charts! Biggie and you are already being contacted for interviews, and the record label is requesting a music video! I told you we was going to make you big again!

Faith: I- I just don't know what to say.

Dray: Save it, because we're off to California tomorrow to interview with Wendy Williams! They covered all expenses, and I got the help of a few people to style and apply your makeup, leaving you to worry only about looking good.

Faith: This is crazy man! Is this really happening!?

Dray: Hell yeah! Now call Biggie and thank him for the feature. It's on from here, ima talk to you later. I'm so proud of you baby sis!

Faith: Thank you Dray!

I hung up and went inside my house before calling Biggie, who answered after a few rings.

Biggie: Yo!

Faith: Hey, um, I just want to thank you for choosing me out of all people to be featured on your song. It was really an honor and I just don't know how to thank you.

Biggie: Of course baby girl, can't nobody do it like thee Faith Evans. You deserve it, you deserve everything baby. I'm going to make sure they style you the best for our interview tomorrow. Gotta have my baby looking sharp you know.

Faith: Thank you (I smile).

Biggie: Ima hit you up later alright?

Faith: Okay, bye!

Biggie: Nawh don't say "bye" say "see you later" (he chuckles)

Faith: (giggling) See you later hun.

The following day, we had an extremely early first-class trip to California! Dray and I boarded a different plane than Biggie and his group since he was bringing a large crew.  We all met backstage at the Wendy Williams show, but we were all in a rush to get ready, so we didn't get a chance to chat.
They snapped a brief picture of Biggie and I before parting ways