Chapter 5

*Flashback*

Christina POV:

Momma has been drinking and smoking all day, and when she gets like that I stays in my room. She invited a couple of her guy friends and ratchet girl friends over so I got on top of my mattress and fell asleep. I felt someone gently removing my blankets while I was asleep and then attempting to pull down my pajamas. I woke up quickly, but before I could cry out, he shut my mouth. I tried to kick and fight back, but he nailed me to the bed. A second person entered, shut the door, and locked it. I tried to yell for my mother, but I was helpless.  The man then crawled under me, placed my head on his lap, and grabbed my hands while sticking a sock in my mouth. The other guy grabbed both of my legs and tied them up, as I proceeded to kick some more. He then jumped on top of me and started kissing me; I tried to move my face, but he would slap me instead. I continued to cry as he started to rape me. I barely could scream, I wanted to die. Why? Just why? I then passed out.
When my mother entered the room the following morning, I was lying in bed and there was blood all over me. She cried out immediately, and since she didn't want anyone to go to jail—especially herself—she took me to an illegal doctor instead of the hospital! While I was laying on the bed she would ask me questions but I just couldn't speak. My mom never came to visit until my 3rd day staying with the doctor to pick me up. As soon as I got into the car she started yelling at me.

Faith: I'M TIRED OF YOU ALWAYS MAKING THINGS UP! YOU JUST WANT ATTENTION!

I couldn't even say anything, It wasn't the first time this had happened, so I knew she would respond this way.

Faith: HELLO!? I'm speaking to you, you hear me!

I continued to look out the window and cry. Suddenly she swerved the car to the side of the road.

Faith: I'M REAL TEMPTED TO SLAP YOU IN THE FACE CHRISTINA!

Christina: YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ME! YOU NEVER DID! YOU LET THOSE MEN RAPE ME AND YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! YOU KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO DO IT! I HATE YOU!

Faith: DON'T YOU DARE START BLAMING ME BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DID! YOU SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN FAST WEARING THOSE CROP TOPS AND SHORT SKIRTS!

Christina: Are you seriously going to blame me? Are you mentally ill?

As soon as I said that she slapped me across my face

Faith: You know what! I can't do this! You're moving out by the end of this month, how about that!

Christina: Well I can't wait!

Soon after we pulled off my mom began to cry.. I didn't understand why she was crying, she allowed this to happen. I simply glanced at her before glancing out the window.

Faith: (crying) I'm sorry, Christina. You know I didn't mean it. I just, I can't give you what you need. I don't know how to raise you.

I just kept ignoring her. My mom used to be such a nice lady, but since she started using drugs when I was about six, she has changed completely, especially when she gets around man. None of her friends tries to help her to become clean but me. I still love her with all my heart even though she treats me like I'm nothing because I know her old self is in there somewhere.
Meanwhile we finally got home pulling into our garage. Once we got out I saw that the cars from the day I was raped were still there. As soon as my mom opened the door my heart instantly dropped, and my mind began to race. I couldn't believe who I seen.

Faith: Y'all hungry?

Cornell & Jamal: Yea! (They both said quickly)

Faith: Christina go cook them some of the leftover spaghetti.