Chapter 10

Karen POV:

Me and my sisters finally arrived to the hospital. It has been about 30 minutes since I got the call from my daughter. I quickly ran inside leaving everyone else..

Karen: Excuse me, Um, Christina Evans?

Receptionist: Over to your right, then turn left and it will be the first door you see. (She smiles)

Ya ever seen an older woman run before? Well that's exactly what I did! As I was hurrying to the room my husband and my two kids approached me.

Bishop: They won't let us see her yet.

Karen: What? How could this even happened? What did they say it was? What's wrong with her? (As I started to panic)

Suddenly my sisters caught up to me

Jacky: Hey, what did they say?

Bishop: They won't tell us yet, she's been in there for about 20 minutes.

Karen: My grandbaby.. (I whispered as tears started to stream down my face)

Dorinda: How long are they going to hold her?

Bishop: I don't know, I just don't know.. (trying to hold back tears)

Karen: My grandbaby.. (whispering)

Dorinda grabbed me and held me into her arms..

Dorinda: It's going to be okay Karebear. God got her. (Turning her attention to everyone) We need to go pray.

After 10 minutes of praying in the chapel the doctor comes in.. I was relieved and scared about the information that will be shared.

Doctor: Hello, um is Ms. Evans around?

Karen: No, but I am her grandmother.

Doctor: Mom isn't here?

Karen: No sir.

Doctor: Okay.. Christina suffered a miscarriage. As you are probably aware, she was approximately 5–6 weeks pregnant. Because of her severe cramps, we offered her some ibuprofen. She's doing a lot better now, so allowing her to rest for a little will give her more energy. Once she wakes up we will run a few more tests to make sure she's good and then she could go home. Sounds good?

I nodded my head in disbelief.. after the doctor left we all remained silent. Miscarriage? She was pregnant? What? I turned to face my sister Dorinda, who was trembling hysterically, and then I turned to face my husband, who was praying while moving back and forth with his hand on his head. My sister and I are quite close, and I felt she was aware of it..

Karen: You knew didn't you? (I said, turning to face her)

Dorinda: I-

Karen: I can't believe you! (Getting up from the seat in anger) How could you keep something like this from me?!

Bishop: Calm down honey. (Stopping his prayer to sit me back down)

Dorinda: She wanted to tell you herself Kare, I-I didn't say anything because she said she will. (Looking down with tears in her eyes)

Karen: I can't believe you! You are my sister! I would've did the same for you!

Twinkie: Alright yall, let's not yell. We can just talk it out.

Karen: (turning to Twinkie) You would be acting the same way I'm acting if your "Closest" sister didn't tell you her grandbaby was pregnant!

Dorinda: I promised her Kare-