Chapter 9

Present *

Christina POV:

How will I tell my grandparents? Should I just run away? I could catch a next bus back to Chicago! I'm just too young to have a baby! Lord help me, please help me!
Now that it was the next day, my papa Bishop and I were alone since Ki and J Drew had already left for school and Nana was out of town attending a concert with the sisters but she'll be back tonight.
I attempted to ignore all of my feelings as I hurried to get dressed for school, hoping Bishop wouldn't notice.
After getting dressed I went downstairs to see my papa reading his Bible.

Christina: Hey, I'm all set!

Bishop: Great! (Removing his glasses and placing the Bible on the table) Remember to grab a snack.

I went inside of the refrigerator and grabbed a fruit cup, then we headed out of the door. During the car ride Bishop started to play some old school music and attempted to sing.

Bishop: Something's going wrong (putting his hands by his ear) Someone's on the phone.. 3 o' clock in the morning.. (turning to face me) Yeah!

I looked at him and laughed.. he was truly funny.

Bishop: "Love and happiness.." You gotta repeat after me! (He says to me)

Bishop: Love and happiness..

Christina: Love and happiness!

Bishop: Gone Girl!

We laughed and sung the whole car ride to school. Once we arrived, I said my goodbyes and started to walk towards the building.

Bishop: Christina!

Christina: (looking back) Yes?

Bishop: Come here really quick.

I went up to the passenger window and leaned in.

Bishop: You have an anointing in you, I can feel it. Your mother would certainly be pleased with the young girl you are becoming, and I am so proud of you. God is going to work in numerous ways that will surprise you. He told me that he promise you things will get better and that he hears you. My dear, don't give up. Do this for your mother; she will want to change once she notices the difference in you.

Tears began to stream from my eyes. I quickly got up, cleaned it, and smiled.

Christina: I love you, and I thank you for welcoming me in your home.

Bishop: Always! You're my grandbaby. Now get to class before you're late. (He said while chuckling)

Before the bell could ring, I dashed to my class and sat in my usual spot, in the back, away from other students. Since the first day of school, I haven't spoken to Lisa,  I felt terrible about how I treated her. I saw her by the lockers during passing period, so I made the decision to approach her and apologize.

Christina: H-hi, Lisa right?

Lisa: Oh Hey, and yes, Lisa. And you're Chrisss..

Christina: Christina (I smiled) but you can call me Chris.

Lisa: Oh yea (she giggled and turned her focus back to her locker)

Christina: I wanted to apologize to you for the way I acted during the first day of school. I truly am sorry, I didn't mean to come off rude.

Lisa: Nawh Nawh, it's okay. You don't have to apologize, I understand that you didn't want to be bothered.

Christina: But I truly am sorry-