Chapter 12

Present*

Kierra POV:

After everything that happened yesterday I needed some time to calm myself. Being at aunt Twinkie house is so calming because there's no kids running around, and no yelling parents.
After getting into the shower I threw on some clothes that I had here since I used to always be over here. A few minutes later mama was outside. I kissed aunt Twinkie goodbye and then headed into the car.

Kierra: Hey mommy!

Karen: Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?

Kierra: Much better. How's Christina?

Karen: (smiling) She's doing better.

Kierra: Mama I'm sorry for how I acted, I just-

Karen: Honey, you don't need to apologize. You were just looking out for your niece that's all.

My phone began to ring, it was Malik. I forgot I was supposed to go with him today.

Kierra: Hello?

Malik: Hey girl, I want to take you to this beautiful restaurant that I just found. It's fancy too so make sure you dress up baby.

Kierra: Okay. (I said dryly)

Malik: Are you still mad at me?

Kierra: No, I just said "Okay".

Malik: (sighs) Okay Kierra, (he said in annoyance) be ready by five so I can come get you.

Kierra: Alright.

Malik: Love you!

Kierra: Love you too.

I shut off my phone after the call and looked out the window.

Karen: You alright?

Kierra: Yea, he just irks my soul sometimes. (Staring out the window once more)

Karen: Pray and ask God why are you feeling that way, and wait for the answer that he gives you.

I nodded my head, closed my eyes and began to pray. I prayed my whole way home.
It was now 3:00 I had already gotten in the shower so all I had to do was pick some clothes out. I decided to wait to do that because I wanted to go talk to Christina who has been in bed all day. She was curled up on her bed, watching TV, when I entered her room.

Kierra: Hey Chris!

Christina: (turning to look at me) Hey Auntie Ki. (She smiles)

Kierra: How are you feeling? (Getting close to her and taking a seat beside her)

Christina: I'm feeling much better, I'm just pretending to be sick so I won't go to school(we laugh)

Kierra: Oo girl you is a trip. Looks like the only person who went to school today was J Drew (We laugh again). I'm sorry that happened to you-

Christina: No need to apologize, I just don't want to think about it right now. (As she looks up at the ceiling)

Kierra: Understandable, soooo how's things going between you and that guy from church?

Christina: (looking over at me) He's just my friend Ki (she laughs)

Kierra: Oh girl puhlease, That's what they all say! Y'all going on another date soon?

Christina: I'm sure, I just really want to focus on myself right now. I don't want any distractions.

Kierra: That's good, I love that!