Part 2 / A new crewmember

It had been about a day since you last heard Ace in a foght with Whitebeard. It was strange. Normally he would constantly be trying to fight the captain but today was...different?

You were talking to Thatch at the time. He was probably one of the first friends you actually made on the crew and now you two were quite close.

You weren't talking about anything specific. Mainly just random topics that kept on switching the more you talked but the two of you were definitely interested in what each other were saying.

The crew were departing from the island today. You wondered wether Ace was going to join the crew like some of the others suggested. Before he constantly declined and didn't want to be apart of it but more recently he was more interested about joining them.

You see him on the ship and you guess that he had officially joined the crew. 'At least he wouldn't be constantly fighting with pops' You thought to yourself.

You ended your conversation with Thatch before approaching Ace.

"Fire Boy!" You call out, he didn't seem to like the nickname coming from you but he didn't say anything about it and it still caught his attention.

"Welcome to the crew." You say while sticking out your hand for him to shake which he actually accepted. "Yeah, thanks [Y/N]"

Whitebeard decided that a new crewmember was something to celebrate. In this crew almost everything was something to celebrate and drink about.

You were standing more off to the side with your drink. Just watching everyone else have their fun. After all there would be another party for you to join in on and someone would have to be somewhat sober if someone else went overboard while drunk.

Ace himself was definitely having his fun. Especially with getting to know the crew. That was probably tye only beneficial part of this whole party.

"Do you always just stand alone?" A voice came from the side of you. Looking over it was non other than Ace.

"Not always, just this time." You reply. Ace decided to stand with you. Maybe he he felt bad? Maybe he wanted to actually be nice.

"..Why does everyone call him 'pops'."  He asks, referring to Whitebeard.

"Because he calls us his sons and daughters. And he's more of a father figure then any of us have ever had before." You take another sip of your sake and look back over at everyone else. "The crew is like family." You add on after a few moments of complete silence between the two of you.

He nods. The more he learns about the crew the more intrigued he seemed about it. Even if orginally he was adamant that he would never join the crew and wanted to try and definitely fail at killing the captain. With how much the fire boy can drink, you were sure he would fit right in with the rest of them.

That night the both of you stayed up talking. You told him about the crew and what a lot them were like including Whitebeard.

Ace told you about himself as well. Why he wanted to kill the captain and what he was doing before he even wanted to do anything with the crew.

He even told about his brothers. How one of them died when they were just kids, how his youngest brother wanted to be pirate king and that he would be the strongest pirate.

Listening to his past and his storys about his brothers was nice to listen too. You were learning more about him and he was about you as well, though sometimes he would ramble on about his brother but it was entertaining.

It was nice talking to him and just listening to his stories and thoughts. Looking into the ocean and drinking sake.

It was a nice night.

At least you thought it was.