Part 6 / Night terrors - part 1

After your conversation with Ace, he left. To be fair you did distract him from whatever he was doing because you had already finished and was bored.

There was still some time before Thatch would be done cooking and now you were just left on the deck now that Ace had already went back to what he was previously doing.

I should find something else to do.

Wether you go to help someone doing their own thing or decide to go back inside to bother someone else or just do your own thing and go back to your room.

For now going back to your own room was probably the best idea. Then for the time being you could just relax and read. That sounded like a better idea than having to do any more chores.

[TIMESKIP - NIGHTTIME]
.

.

.

Not being able to sleep is one thing but when you get nightmares when you can sleep? Its awful.

You wake up and instantly sit up. Your hand runs through your hair that you can feel sticking to your face with sweat.

The nightmare being fresh in your mind still and your breathing is uneven which doesn't help your panic.

Its just a dream

You tell yourself in head.

It wasn't real [Y/N]

It was just a..dream

A dream

It can't be real

It's in the past

You eventually get out of bed, standing on the cold floor. If you walk around then maybe it will tire you out and then maybe you can sleep for once.

You grab a jacket because you know that it would be freezing without it, you learned that from the crows nest the other night while Ace was with you. Though you did already know how cold it could get when it's night on this ship.

You put the jacket on and leave your cabin. Just hoping that no one else is currently awake.

If no one is up then you can just walk around for a while. To calm your nerves but it was also an excuse to not sleep.

Ace ironically was also up but for a very different reason. Why was he up? To feed the bottomless pit he has for a stomach. Sometimes he seems like he could eat literally everything and yet not be satisfied enough and still want more and more food.

He did see you walking but in the opposite direction to him. He only knew it was you because he recognised the jacket you had on.

He shrugged it off, you could he up for a load of different reasons and for now he would just leave you alone about it.

It wasn't his place to ask you about it right now. As well he wanted to eat more than anything and he wanted to know why you were just seemingly walking around aimlessly but for now his mind was fully set on eating and then sleep.

If you were still up by the time he was done eating then maybe he might check up on you as well. Especially since it seemed like you had already been up for a little while. Since your and his rooms weren't necessarily close to one another.

Once Ace had has his food and finished eating he left to hopefully go and find you.

It might take a while considering that from where he last saw you, you could quite literally be anywhere including your own room by now.

He was hoping that you went back into your room, it meant that you would probably be asleep by now and thats kinda what he wanted.