Part 9 / Not everything can last

It's not that long sorry! I've been busy with school and hw.
------------------------------------------------------------
It had been about a month since you and Ace had started dating and it almost seemed like you two were inseparable.

Pops had started to send you two on missions together as well. Mainly because no one wanted to hear one of you whining the entire time that one of you were away.

Currently you were just enjoying your time with him in your own room.

Laughing and talking about whatever came to your minds while holding each other.

It was the morning and you got up a little earlier then you intended so you woke Ace up as well so then you wouldn't be as bored.

Plus he would end up falling asleep later on because of his narcolepsy either way so it was fine...

.

.

.

Somone knocked loudly on the door.

You sat up and after a moment of protesting the idea so did Ace.

Another crew member came into the room. He looked freaked out and it clearly made Ace tense up and made you worried about whatever's happened.

"Ace..you need to come see this."

That probably made both of your nerves even worse. It couldn't be an attack because you would've heard it and you would've known already so what on earth had happened.

"What's gone on?" Ace asked as he got out of bed. The other crew member just nodded before leaving, probably expecting Ace to follow behind him.

He looked back at you before speaking again.

"I'll be back soon, Firefly. I'll tell you what happened when I come back."

You didn't get a chance to even say anything before he left the room.

Your nerves were skyrocketing and the fact that you didn't know what happened made it so much worse.

.

.

.

Ten minutes have passed and Ace came back. He looked distraught himself now after seeing what he just did.

"Ace? What happened?" You ask your voice made it very clear just how concerned you were about what was going on.

He went and sat beside you while looking at the floor rather than at you.

"Thatch.." He started and it took him a minute to actually say anything else.

You looked at him with an obvious worried expression. Literally anything could've happened to him and just saying his name and not elaborating made everything so so much worse for you.

You could tell that Ace was having a hard time actually voicing what he saw or what he heard that happened.

The raven haired man grabbed your hand and sighed while briefly looking at you before returning his gaze to the floor.

"Teach..killed him." He sort of whispered just loud enough for you to make out what he actually just said to you.

"What..?" Your grip on his hand tightened and you could barely believe what you've just heard.

You never got along with teach at all really but you would've never guessed that he would've killed someone, especially not a crew mate.

Your eyes welled with tears and Ace pulled you into a tight hug, letting you cry into his shoulder.

You couldn't think straight right now. He killed him? Why? How could someone kill their own crew member? The crew was like family to everyone else, why wasn't it too him?

Ace held you tight and stroked your hair as you cried into his shoulder.

You wouldn't be able to see it but Ace's eyes were watering as well.