Part 10 / Empty promises part 1

Finally it's another longer one. 🤭
Sorry for the wait. 🙏
------------------------------------------------------------
"Ace is leaving?!?" You just found out through Marco that Ace would be going to go find blackbeard.

Ace didn't tell you, probably because he didn't want you to stop him but he also knew that eventually you would have to know about it.

"Yeah, he should be leaving today-yoi." Marco honestly didn't like the idea of him leaving either but he didn't have a choice in the current matter so he had to let him go. "If I were you I'd go find him-yoi."

You nodded your head before turning and practically running for where you got told Ace currently was, which was on deck.

He saw you coming towards him and originally he looked happy to see you but when he saw your expression...he realised that you just so happened to find out what he was going to do.

"Your leaving?!? Why didn't you tell me? Why fo you have to go?" You just started asking question after question after question and you were angry and upset and probably confused as well.

"Hey, Firefly I was going to tell you just-" You cut him off and for probably a good reason as well.

"When were you gonna tell me Ace? Before you left? When you were leaving already? Your leaving today! Why wouldn't you tell me earlier?!?" Tears were forming in your eyes from both being upset and just angry that he didn't say anything to you at all.

"Look, I promise I was going to tell you earlier. I didn't want you talking me out of it and-"

"So you don't tell your girlfriend about you leaving the goddamn ship? You don't even know when your gonna come back. You could've at least said something!"

Tears soon fell and Ace knew that he definitely should've just said something. Why didn't he say anything at all?

"[Y/N] listen." He sighed and wiped your tears but it was just futile as more and more just fell.

"I know I should've said something but you wouldn't want me to leave. No one agrees that this is the right choice but I think I have too."

He takes both of your hands in his so then you look up at him.

"I promise I'll come back. I promise that the next time you see me I'll be absolutely fine." He caresses the back of your hands with his thumbs to prove his point.

You nod before hugging him tightly. This was your last day with your boyfriend and it just didn't feel real.

But it was.

Oh god it really really was.

.

.

.

.

.

.

[5 days later.]

It was weird. Ace wasn't here and now it felt real. Your boyfriend wasn't here and he wouldn't be here for god knows how long and there wasn't anything to do about it.

You got used to the idle talking. Ranting about your favorite things and just genuine nice conversations.

You got used to being close to him and never being too far away.

You got used to stealing his hat and running from him in fits of laughter.

Everything was so sweet.

Everything felt like it fell in place.

Everything was just..perfect.

And now it's gone.

You don't see him.

You can't steal his hat.

You can't rant about your favorite things.

You can't feel him next to you.

You can't hear his voice whispering sweet nothings in your ear as you fall asleep.

.

.

.

The most you can do is just wait for him to call. Then you can hear his voice.

Even if it is just for a little while. It means everything knowing that your boyfriend is okay and talking about his day with you.

It makes you feel a little better knowing that he's okay and that he wasn't having too much bother with anything.

It was your favorite part of your day when you could listen to his sweet voice again.

It made it feel like he wasn't so far away and maybe he was closer than you thought.

.

.

You clearly were upset about Ace leaving and most people were trying to help with that.

Marco was probably the most consistent about trying to make you feel better.

He was constantly talking with you and suggesting other ways to help and get distracted so you weren't constantly thinking about Ace leaving. Sometimes it did work and sometimes it didn't.

One thing that started to consistently work was as simple as a diary.

Sitting down at the end of the day at your desk and just simply writing.

It didn't matter how much. Sometimes you wrote a few sentences or a paragraph. Sometimes you wrote pages open pages of what you were feeling and what had recently happened.

It helped actually quite a lot more than you expected and it distracted you from everything else all because you were just writing.

Sure it wasn't a permanent solution but for now every night you sat down to write about your day, thoughts, feelings and it seemed to work.
Every time.