006.

"Hey Elena...! Who's your friend?" Bonnie hesitantly views me. Elena sends her a pointed look. "This is...Amelia." Bonnie's eyes widen. Hm. Who knew I was such a celebrity around here? "You're the girl Elijah took. That must have been terrifying."

"It was. But, he had this whole, 'gentleman' thing going on. Minus the part he chopped Trevor's head off." Elena winces, and I realize that probably wasn't the right thing to say. I try to cover it up with a cough and apologetic look. "Did he tell you anything about what he's planning?"

"Not really. He kept leaving to take phone calls. He only explained the whole vampire thing, and partially the doppelgänger gang. He didn't really explain..witches. Or werewolves." Never in my life did I think I'd be speaking in a manner about witches and werewolves realistically.

"Oh. So you know then." I nod. "I know about Elena. That's it. How many vampires are in this town?" Elena and Bonnie exchange a look.

"A lot."

~~~

"What are you going to do this now that you have it?" Elena holds a clear-white stone, that's nearly translucent. "Well right now, it's what's binding the Sun and Moon Curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, then the stone becomes useless." Elena frowns and turns around from her seat at her vanity desk.

"And according to Katherine, create a vengeful Klaus." Katherine? Where do I know that name? "Maybe. But only if he finds out." Bonnie shrugs. "Bonnie, can't this wait? Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've gotta get him out."

"Stefan wants me focus on this."

"Well don't listen to him! He thinks he's protecting me, but he's wrong!"

"I'm taking Stefan's side on this one. We're not gonna let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual." A door opens behind us, and I turn to see. "What're you guys arguing about?" A voice sounds. Then he notices me. "Aaand who's that?" Bonnie rolls her eyes like it's the most obvious answer in the world. "Amelia."

"Mia. And Jeremy, maybe you should try a little harder to recognize your tutor." Elena purses her lips. "Jere?" But Jeremy seems completely lost himself. "Of course, you'd know that if you actually showed up for your lessons." Jeremy winces. Elena looks like she's about to tear him a new one, but Bonnie steps in.

"Not arguing about anything." Bonnie zips her bag up. Then looks up. Jeremy stares at her for a little bit too long before she looks away with a large sigh. Hm. Having a crush on your best friend's brother? Don't recommend. "I need a coffee." She stands and walks past Jeremy, while Elena retakes her seat at the vanity. "What?"

"Why are you on some kind of suicide mission?" Jeremy eyes me, but otherwise ignores my presence. "I'm trying to prevent everyone else from getting hurt." Jeremy scoffs. "Oh, so what, bringing Klaus the moonstone and getting yourself killed is okay?" I feel like I'm intruding on a private conversation. "I'm gonna...go talk to Bonnie." I mutter, and leave the room.

In the kitchen, Bonnie seems to be working on something, muttering foreign words underneath her breath. She jumps when she sees me. "Mia! I didn't see you there."

"Sorry. But, I have a question. Who's Klaus?" Bonnie stops what she's doing, and sucks in a breath. Then with a grave look, "Klaus is an Original. The oldest vampire in history." Even just saying his name, she shudders. "Why is everyone so afraid of him?" She shakes her head. "Klaus is a monster. Ruthless. Everywhere he goes, he leaves a trail of bodies behind. And now, he's coming for Elena."

"For the ritual." It's less of a question and more of a statement. "But, why don't you just pack your bags and run?"

"Because he's the most powerful being on earth. There's no where we can go that he won't find us. He has eyes and ears everywhere, and he can compel other vampires." I rack my brain for the meaning of the word. Elijah said it, many times. Right. Mind-control. "Just ask your friend Elijah." My mind derails. "Elijah? He's not my friend. But what does he have to do with it?"

"He's Klaus's older brother." Holy shit. Elijah is even more dangerous than I originally thought. That means, this whole time, I've been at the mercy of one of the most powerful vampires in history. Even after I ran, he could've just killed me and told Elena he didn't. But he didn't. I don't know what to make of that.

Footsteps come down the stairs, and Bonnie straightens up. Jeremy takes a seat at the table across from me, and seems to be waiting for something. He rests his head on his hand, which he props up on the table. I notice he's wearing a ridiculously big rings. But I don't have time to ask, because a moment later, Elena follows.

Bonnie jumps up and waits at the bottom of the stairs. "Where you going?" Bonnie asks nonchalantly. "Um, to see Stefan." Bonnie narrows her eyes. "You're lying." Elena takes another step down the stairs. "No I'm not." Bonnie crosses her arms. "Really? Tell that to your face." Jeremy gets up, and saunters to the bottom of the steps. I follow. "Are you serious?" Elena asks.

"She took the moonstone." Jeremy drawls, in a matter-fact voice. Elena whips around. "How did you-"We tested you. You failed." Elena sighs. "Klaus killed Katherine's entire family just because she crossed him." Then she steps down off the stairs and past Bonnie. She flings open the front door, and nothing. Her hands hits against a solid surface.

I'm confused. She tries again, feeling along a seemingly invisible force. "What did you do?" She whips around. "It's for the best, Elena." Seeing my confused face, Bonnie offers up answers. "It's a spell." My eyebrows skyrocket. "You're a witch?" She throws a look over her shoulder as she leaves out the door.

"Yeah. Crazy, right?"

~~~