007.

I have so many questions. What is the Sun and Moon Curse? What does the rock have to do with it? And why didn't Elena tell Bonnie about the whole biting-finger thing? But I digress. Now with Bonnie leaving so abruptly, I'm left with a trapped Elena and a bored Jeremy. I pick at my nails. Jeremy and Elena stay separated for the most part, ignoring each other, which isn't unlike siblings, I suppose.

A door opens and shuts downstairs, and I peek my head around the railing. "It's creepy to watch people." He says, while sauntering in. All 6'3, raven-haired, blue-eyes of him. He's kind of...attractive actually. No, he is attractive. Like a tiger, waiting to pounce. Seriously. The man practically oozes allure and darkness.

I come down the stairs. "You should really lock your door. Aw, come on pouty." A scoff. "Do you think this is funny Damon?"

"Yes, Elena. I find it hilarious the lengths we have to go to, to save your life." Elena sits on the couch, and rolls her eyes. The Salvatore. No doubt that he's older than whatever age he's passing himself off as. He speeds in front of me. I'm gonna have to get used to that. He twirls a strand of my hair, just like Elijah did. But in a much more...playful way? His index finger slides along my jaw, and my cheeks heat up.

His eyes are so much more bluer than I thought, nearly the color of ice. The corner of his mouth irks up. "I can hear your heart, you know. I mean, I'd be nervous around me too, being as handsome as I am." His finger slips down my collarbone. "Damon." Elena warns. He takes his hand away. Hm. Like a puppy being reprimanded. "Why are you here?" Damon sighs and turns away from me. "What, I can't just come for the pleasure of your company?"

Elena is not amused. Damon plops down on tbe couch next to her. "What did Stefan say?" The other Salvatore. I wonder, is he as attractive as this one? "Ah, had a good laugh."

"And what did you say about Elijah being alive?" Damon sucks his teeth. "Yeah...that. I didn't tell him."

"Why not?"

"Well A., you can't do anything about it. And B., what I just said. Where's Bonnie?" He asks, as Jeremy comes into view. "I thought she was meeting with you."

"No. She's on moonstone duty and I'm on...Elena patrol."

"And he was on Tyler Lockwood on the full moon." Elena narrows her eyes. Damon sighs dramatically. "Vampire Barbie asked me if she could hang out, I said 'why not?'. Figured if she screwed up, he'd bite her then I'd be rid of two of my problems." He starts to stand. "Hold on, tonight's a full moon?" Elena asks, seemingly unnerved.

"Yeah. But you're too absorbed with all your suicidal tendencies to notice." He picks up his cell and hits 'answer'. "What?" "Mason Lockwood has been officially declared a missing person." The voice sounds startlingly like my history teacher, Mr. Saltzman. I pay him no mind as I turn to Elena for some much-needed answers.

"Who's vampire Barbie? And why does it matter if it's a full moon tonight?" I plop down across from her in a recliner. "Okay, when Bonnie gets back, you need to tell her to tell you everything. I'll do my best to answer all your questions."

"Um, no you shouldn't." Damon hisses, suddenly done with his phone call. "We don't know her. Just because Elijah kidnapped her, doesn't mean we can trust her. For all we know, she could be working for him." Now, it's my turn for my eyes to narrow. Nevertheless, he turns away from me. "Change of plans. Little Gilbert? You babysit." Jeremy makes no sign of indifference, instead opting to plop down on his sister.

He props a pillow under his head. Damon tucks his phone into his jacket pocket. "You know, you should get out, enjoy the sun. Oh wait, you can't." Elena's face twists and her wrinkled nose is the only sign of indignation she gives before grabbing the pillow out from underneath Jeremy and launching it at Damon.  Of course, he ducks easily. Jeremy laughs completely openly, which is his mistake.

With a roll of her eyes, in one swift moment the way only a sibling can, she pushes him off of her and he falls onto the floor, still laughing. I cover a snicker of my own. Interesting family. Not unlike mine. My smile falls. Well, used to be. Now I feel completely alienated from my father, and even my little sister, whom I hold no bad blood for. 

"Why didn't you say anything?" The question is escaping me as soon as the door clicks behind Damon, and footsteps recede up the stairs from Jeremy. "About what?"

"The whole...finger-biting thing." She debates before answering. "Something tells me you didn't know what you were doing. Mia, you seemed completely out of it. My real question is, how? You aren't a vampire. You were walking in the sun just fine, no daylight ring or necklace or anything. You were able to resist Elijah's compulsion, but yet you had no knowledge of the supernatural? It doesn't add up."

She's smart then, perhaps smart enough to connect the dots without my saying. "You're not human, but you're not a vampire. You seem completely in control of your emotions, and I don't think Elijah would've taken a werewolf hostage. Werewolf bites are lethal to vampires, by the way. Damon has his own weird little nicknames for everyone. 'Vampire Barbie' is my friend, Caroline."

Oh. Oh! That makes complete sense. Caroline is like Barbie, in a way. At least, from what I've seen. Complete fashion icon, popular, beautiful, and most of all, multitalented at throwing parties. It's no wonder she's also a supernatural force with superpowers. "I'm a witch, Elena. But a...rare kind." Her eyes light up with renewed interest. "A witch? I take it you didn't know. If you're half as powerful as my friend Bonnie, they wouldn't have gotten within 10 feet of you."

I nod in agreement. I've barely just met Bonnie, but I can tell she knows how to use her powers, very evident from the seal surrounding the house. Perhaps she can teach me. If she isn't disgusted by my abilities. "Damon's wrong about you, like always. He's quick to blame and kill, slow to trust." She shakes her head. "I have a good feeling about you. I think you're trustworthy. A good person, kind."

I nod, but she's wrong.

I am not a good person. I'm a freak of nature. An abomination so awful, my blood was tainted before I ever shared a breath with Earth. A siphon. The thought shatters me, but wakes me up. This is not a game, nor a puzzle to be solved. I need to find out where my loyalties lie, and fast.

~~~