013.

"We still don't know the extent of what Elijah plans to do." Bonnie starts. "No we don't." Where does Elijah fit into all of this? The only thing I really know about his role in all of this is he's brothers with the real threat, Klaus. "So I'm gonna ask Luca to tell me what he knows."

"I'm sorry, what does Elijah have to do with all of this?"

"We don't know the full gist. But we know he's working with Luca and Jonas." Jonas? That name rings a bell. Then I remember. "I remember hearing Elijah on the phone with someone named Jonas."

"There you go. Elijah might not be our biggest concern, but I still don't believe he's completely on our side." Caroline is skeptical. "He's not going to tell you anything." Bonnie gets a mischievous look on her face. "I didn't say he would have a choice. That's where you come in, Mia."

"Wha-". Caroline becomes momentarily distracted as a blonde waiter walks out behind Bonnie. He wears a  blue Grill t-shirt. She waves hesitantly. He ignores her and continues walking the opposite way. Rude. "Who's that?" I ask, as Bonnie turns back around to face Caroline. "Matt. Caroline, what was that about?" She shrugs, golden blonde curls jostling.

"I...don't know. I thought we were good." Bonnie's face softens. Caroline stands, leaving the table, and walks to the one called Matt. "So...about that plan?" I hint. "Ah. Yes. We need to incapacitate him, so I can take a dive in his mind." My eyes widen. "You can do that?"

"I can. Matter of fact, magic is capable of anything, really. It all depends on the type." My eyes widen even farther. "There's more than one type?" Bonnie coughs over a laugh. "I really need to school you on magic, don't I? Do you know how to use your abilities at least? Did your mom ever teach you?" My eyes dim, and I momentarily hesitate.

"I...never met my mother. My father is a werewolf. My stepmother was a human." Bonnie eyes widen significantly larger, maybe even more than mine. "Wait, your father is a werewolf? So, you're a..werewitch?! I've never heard of it. But I guess there's no law of nature that says you can't be both. You age and die same as a human would. So, you're not a 'violation' of nature."

A loud crash makes me whip my head around to see the source. Caroline is clearly in a state of distress, picking up spilled items from her purse off the floor. And helping her is none other than Tyler, my third cousin, or, whatever. She pushes up off the ground and storms away, back toward our table. Bonnie doesn't ask questions, and I take it as my cue not to either.

"Cmon. Luca will be here any minute. Stand over there and look, uh, non suspicious." Bonnie moves from the table. Caroline also moves from sight. I stay by a pool table and pretend to practice my aim with a cue stick. Moments later, I see the target. God. Target? I sound like a damn CIA agent or something. Not even the CIA could stop me, though. Then a thought occurs to me. Potentially, I could be unstoppable.

It's unnerving. So this is what it feels like to be an Original? But even they have weaknesses, as do I. "Potentially" as in, almost. My magic abilities would be practically useless next to human weapons, such as guns and knives. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Of course, if I had a little bit of magic on me at all times, it would be no sweat.

"So, what did you invite me here for?" A voice floats nearby. The young tanned man named Luca sends Bonnie a brilliant smile. I can feel his magic. He's a witch. Er, wizard? She sends an equally fake one back. From what I know, their meeting wasn't an accident, and a ploy from the beginning. Bonnie sneezes, giving me the "signal". Subtly, I bump into him. He staggers, then rights himself.

I grab his shoulder to 'help'. "Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" I ask too sweetly. His eyes widen as I begin draining his magic. Luca groans and begins to crumple. Bonnie quickly mumbles a few foreign words and I feel the current in the air shift as her magic finds its target. Luca slackens with a look of defeat. I stumble myself as the magic surrounds my veins, slows my blood. I've never absorbed genuine magic from a source, and not just a spell or curse.

Bonnie lifts him up, and we drag him to the bathroom where Caroline waits. She rolls her eyes and picks him up easily.

~~~

"How long is this gonna take?" Caroline sighs, aggravated. Bonnie presses her fingers more into Luca's temples. "I don't know. He's fighting it." He moans and shifts under her grip on the table. "Please stop. Please." Jeremy casts a concerned look at Caroline. We all sit in a diamond-like formation, with me across from Bonnie, and Jeremy and Caroline across from each other while being on both sides of me. The candles in the room flicker ever so slightly as Bonnie closes her eyes for more focus. I can sense her, sifting through his defense mechanisms, and tearing them down.

I'm close by as a backup, in case her breaks through, which I doubt. Luca finally stops struggling under her grip and with a sigh, his eyes roll into his head, all white, and he gives out, laying his head down completely still. "Finally. Why are you working with Elijah?"

"Klaus. We both want him dead." Bonnie frowns. Clearly not the answer she was expecting. "You want him dead too. Why?"

"Because he has her. We have to get her away from him."

"What are you talking about?"

"My sister." Bonnie lifts her eyebrows. Sister? Why on earth would he care about a regular run-of-the-mill witch? "He's searching for a way to undo the curse without the doppelgänger. He's forced generations of witches to help him for centuries." He continues on, slurring slightly.

"What has Elijah promised you?"

"If we help Elijah kill Klaus, he's promised to return her to us." Suddenly, Luca doesn't seem like the bad guy anymore. Elijah however? I'm not sure. I can't imagine who'd want to kill their own brother, but then again, if Klaus is as bad as they all say, then what's to say it's wrong? I killed my own sister. My own flesh in blood. It's not my place to judge.

"And how do you kill Klaus? How do you kill an Original vampire?" Luca becomes animated, struggling against her hold once again. "He'll...kill me if I tell you. Don't make... me." He grits out. Bonnie ignores his protests and Jeremy's offer to find another way. She pushes her magic through, reinstating its hold. It thrums through her veins, and I realize Bonnie is a very powerful witch.

Almost a powerhouse, you could see. Magic leaks from her everywhere. It beckons to me, pleads to seep through my blood. "How do you kill Klaus?" Bonnie asks again. "After the sacrifice, Klaus will be vulnerable. It's our only chance." Caroline whips around immediately. "After? What do you mean after?"

"Elena has to die." We all go silent. Jeremy shakes his head in denial. "No. No." But even I can see the resigned look on Bonnie's face. He's not lying. But I will never choose that route. Not as long as I can help it. So Elijah is a threat. As much as hate to admit it. I can't even trust my own judge of character anymore. I will not let Elena die. She is an innocent.

"No. We'll find another way. I may not have been involved before, but let's be honest. I was literally born for this. There's an easy fix. I siphon the magic from her. She won't be the doppelgänger anymore, and he won't be able to use her." Bonnie shakes her head. "I don't think it works like that. She isn't magic, just supernatural. I don't think you can siphon it away just like that."

I slam my fist on the table. Damn these magic rules! It doesn't matter. Because I'm gonna learn to use my magic, and I'm gonna save Elena. But there's only one person who might know how to teach me. My mother. Josette.

~~~