1 - 10

Chapter 1

"Madam, lunch is ready. Would you like to eat now?"

"Mm."

A charming figure rose from the lounge chair, lazily stretching.

As she raised her arms, her top rode up, revealing a slim, fair waist and two cute dimples on her lower back.

The maid immediately lowered her eyes, not daring to look, her cheeks flushing red. Madam was so fair!

"Let's go." Shen Tang slipped on her slippers, the taps of her footsteps echoing on the smooth marble floor.

She took the elevator down from the third floor to the dining room. Seeing the table laden with delicacies she could never have afforded in her past life, she almost teared up in excitement.

Just three days ago, Shen Tang had transmigrated into this world.

In her past life, she was an overworked extra who was served a "death combo meal".

When she opened her eyes again, she found herself sitting in a cafe.

The man opposite her lightly pushed up his gold-rimmed glasses. "Miss Shen, what do you think?"

What was going on?

Just as Shen Tang was about to reply, a flood of unfamiliar memories pushed into her mind.

Moments later, her expression turned complicated as she understood her current circumstances.

Lying on the table was a marriage agreement. She would not have to fulfill wifely duties or do anything much, just show up occasionally for family dinners and keep up the appearance of a loving couple. In return, she would receive 5 million per month, with all her living expenses charged to her husband's card.

Additionally, when the two-year agreement expired and they divorced, she would receive 200 million as settlement.

Shen Tang covered her mouth, her heart pounding and hands trembling.

What a windfall!

Thinking she was unwilling, Cen Assistant said, "If you do not wish to..."

"Pfft!"

Cen Assistant looked at her in astonishment. Shen Tang's mouth curved widely upwards as she kept emitting "pfft" sounds, like a boiling kettle.

Shen Tang took a deep breath, suppressing her laughter with difficulty. "Sorry, I lost my composure...heehee..."

Oh no, she still couldn't keep from laughing. Would he suspect she was mentally ill?

Cen Assistant opened his mouth: "...It's fine."

Afraid nightmares would occur should she tarry, Shen Tang eagerly signed her name, smiling brightly. "May I ask when the monthly payments will be made?"

Cen Assistant: "...Whenever you wish."

He felt something was off, but since Madam was the boss's choice, he must have his reasons.

The registration and move went smoothly within an afternoon.

Her cheap husband did not show up, but Shen Tang did not care.

The sprawling villa had only her as its mistress. Shen Tang lay alone on the custom-made sofa, feeling extremely lonely.

Thinking back on the plot, this novel told of the female lead Lin Mianmian's love story with four male leads.

There was not much written about her contract husband Gu Huaian, only that he was the female lead's unattainable crush.

Unfortunately, she had dropped the novel after the female supporting character with the same name died, so she did not know if Gu Huaian was truly asexual as rumored.