91 - 100

Chapter 91

The two seemed to have made a habit of bickering with each other, as they started quarreling after exchanging just a few pleasant words.

Hou Jingjing pouted, "Is this how you treat a patient?"

Shen Tang immediately stood up straight and bowed 90 degrees, "I'm sorry, I was wrong! Can you forgive me, Miss Hou?"

Hou Jingjing gave a cold snort, "I don't forgive you. I'm in a bad mood today and have decided not to tell you the reason why I was targeting you earlier. I'll save it for next time."

Shen Tang: "..."

"Oh, don't be like that..."

"No matter what you say, I'm not telling you today."

Shen Tang clutched his chest and took a step back, feigning agony.

Don't ask her what kind of mood she was in. She was regretting it now, extremely regretting it.

As they continued chatting, Hou Jingjing couldn't help but think of Shen Tang's former reputation.

She exclaimed, "You're completely different from the rumors now..."

"Rumors can be good or bad. I used to be a rogue before, now I'm a pervert."

Hou Jingjing nodded in agreement, "I didn't expect you to be quite self-aware."

"Birds of a feather flock together. I just can't find any normal people around me."

Hou Jingjing quickly leaned back, trying to keep some distance, but ended up straining her wound and sucked in a breath of cold air.

"Ow!"

"Hey, be careful..."

"I'm fine, I can endure it..."

Shen Tang frowned and rang the bell, "It would be more convincing if you wiped away some tears while saying that."

Hou Jingjing wiped the corners of her eyes, but there were no tears.

She had been tricked again.

Soon, a nurse came to check on the wound. There was no major issue.

After chatting for a while longer, Shen Tang stepped out and found that Gu Huaian was missing.

After asking the nurse, he traced Gu Huaian's steps and found him hugging an elegantly dressed woman at the stairwell.

Shen Tang quickly hid himself, not wanting to see any more.

He couldn't clearly describe what he was thinking in that moment.

It was as if thinking: Oh, so he has such a close relationship with another person too!

So he would be like this with others too!

I'm not special after all.

Shen Tang told himself in his mind that Gu Huaian was only his sponsor father and contract husband. Everything was fake. His previously messy heart instantly calmed down.

On the other side, the woman was being pushed away, but she didn't seem embarrassed.

"Huaian, is this how you treat an old friend after not seeing each other for so long?"

Gu Huaian pulled up the corners of his lips, "Let's just talk. Don't get handsy."

The woman's lips curled up. "What, are you afraid your little girlfriend will misunderstand? She can't be that petty, can she?"

"Don't talk nonsense."

"Yes yes, she's not petty. My mistake."

"She's not my girlfriend..."