61 - 70

Chapter 61

Cen Assistant had a difficult expression on his face, but since Old President Gu had spoken, he went ahead and said it directly.

"It was Old President Gu. He just arranged for Miss Zhou to be your assistant."

The smile on Shen Tang's face instantly disappeared.

The assistant position was somewhat sensitive, [she] would probably be in contact all day...

Shen Tang looked towards Gu Huaian, wanting to know how he would respond - would he refuse?

He probably wouldn't right, that was his dad after all.

In that moment, thousands of thoughts flashed through Shen Tang's mind, eventually settling on "Congratulations to the happy couple on their 100 years together."

Gu Huaian was vaguely irritated. He didn't like Zhou Qinglian, yet his dad had looked favorably on her since she was young.

He had rejected her unambiguously more than once.

Furthermore, with the Gu Family's current status, they didn't need a marriage alliance to move up another level.

Moreover... Shen Tang had finally taken a small step forward, only to now retreat back into her shell.

She talked boldly but lacked courage. She was very cowardly.

Gu Huaian's face darkened. "I don't agree. If he has a problem, tell him to come find me."

"Okay."

Cen Assistant turned and left. Not long after, Gu Huaian's phone rang.

Shen Tang had a feeling the person calling was his dad.

Sure enough —

"Gu Huaian, have your wings hardened so you don't even listen to your own father anymore!"

The phone volume was too loud, so Shen Tang heard it clearly, feeling very awkward.

She picked up her plate, about to leave, but Gu Huaian grabbed her hand.

She shook it off but failed.

Shen Tang didn't use too much strength, she wasn't there to fight after all.

How could Gu Huaian's strength be so great?

A warm feeling spread from her wrist, unlike Gu Jin'an grabbing her. She wasn't as against it.

Gu Jin'an?

When did that happen?

After hearing Shen Tang's thoughts, Gu Huaian grew suspicious. He temporarily kept this incident in mind, and coldly said:

"Dad, I don't like Zhou Qinglian. You should stop trying to set us up. Don't forget, I'm already married."

"What is that Shen Tang worth — "

Gu Huaian coldly said. "Dad! She is my wife, you may not like her but please give her due respect."

The phone went silent. After a long pause: "Unfilial son."

Gu Huaian didn't respond further, directly hanging up the phone.

Shen Tang smiled awkwardly. "Uh we're just contractually —"

Gu Huaian firmly said: "Shen Tang, I don't like her."

"Oh..."

Right, if he liked Zhou Qinglian he would have been with her already, rather than remain single for so many years.