21 - 30

Chapter 21

Shen Tang had never dreamed that Gu Huaian would come over.

At that time, she was wearing dirty clothes, squatting in front of a bonfire and nibbling on a compressed biscuit.

Gu Huaian appeared at the opening of the cave as if a god had descended.

Shen Tang widened her eyes in astonishment, even forgetting to chew the biscuit in her mouth.

She rubbed her eyes and the person before her was still there.

【Holy crap, how did Gu Huaian come here!】

【Is this part of the storyline in the book?】

Gu Huaian furrowed his brow, and no one in the cave even dared to breathe out loud.

Everyone recognized this face. Not to mention how wealthy Gu Huaian was, just his undefiled reputation of staying away from women was extremely attractive.

Many people fantasized about becoming an exception for him.

Seeing Shen Tang in a daze, Gu Huaian walked over to her and held out his hand, asking, "Not leaving?"

"Leaving leaving!"

Shen Tang grabbed his hand to help herself stand up.

She swallowed the biscuit and said, "Um...how did you get here?"

【There's no way he came specifically to save me...】

Shen Tang thought to herself skeptically.

"Aunt Peach and Uncle He were very worried about you."

Shen Tang nodded in understanding. She knew Gu Huaian wouldn't possibly come specially to save her.

Upon hearing her thoughts, Gu Huaian: "......"

He took time off work to come personally. Doesn't that mean he came specifically to save her?

But he couldn't bring himself to explain that.

Gu Huaian took a deep breath. "Let's go."

"Let's pack up and get out of here." Seeing the five pairs of gossip-hungry eyes, Shen Tang said.

Huo Yingying sidled up and asked softly, "Sister Shen Tang, what is your relationship with Mr. Gu?"

As soon as she uttered this question, the other four male guests pricked up their ears.

Shen Tang was amused. Gossip really was human nature after all.

"He's my bos...boss."

No one doubted her words. After all, Shen Tang had revealed in a game earlier that she had never dated or kissed anyone.

Besides, even though Gu Huaian was a flower on a high summit that everyone wished to pluck, he was only to be admired from afar, not to be violated.

Huo Yingying noticed that as soon as the words left Shen Tang's mouth, Gu Huaian's expression instantly turned cold.

She was so frightened that she immediately hid behind Shen Tang's back.

Good heavens! Mr. Gu really was as scary as the rumors said!

Shen Tang also noticed Gu Huaian's unpleasant expression. She was rather baffled. Was he angry about something?

She wanted to coax him but packing seemed more important at the moment, so she left him alone.

Gu Huaian also didn't know why he was upset. He just didn't feel comfortable seeing Shen Tang recoiling away from him earlier.

Was he really that unapproachable?