81 - 90

Chapter 81

Shen Tang was laughing so hard that her jaw dislocated. As the saying goes, excessive joy begets sorrow.

Shen Tang: "..."

Luckily, the family doctor lived downstairs and Gu Huaian quickly invited him over.

This was not difficult to treat. With a click, her jaw was back in place. However, the look in the doctor's eyes towards the two was rather meaningful.

Shen Tang really did not want to understand the implication. She blamed her extensive knowledge.

Gu Huaian was also somewhat uncomfortable. "Don't get the wrong idea, it's not what you think..."

The doctor nodded understandingly. "I see. Don't worry, I won't say anything."

Shen Tang and Gu Huaian: "..."

It had to be said, this was really easy to misunderstand, especially since it was the middle of the night.

After seeing the doctor out, the two seemed even more embarrassed.

Shen Tang lay back down, intending to sleep.

Despite being very awake, she was not tired at all.

Gu Huaian often stayed up late working. At that moment, he still had some unfinished work.

"You sleep, I'll finish up some work."

Shen Tang peeked out from under the covers, secretly looking at Gu Huaian. It's often said that a man diligently working is most charming. This scene was quite pleasing to the eyes.

Why didn't he have any dark circles? He was simply inhuman!

Ahhhhh, he put on his glasses. A gentleman villain, a beast in sheep's clothing!

Gu Huaian's actions paused as he looked towards Shen Tang. "If you're not sleepy, come help me."

Shen Tang pulled the covers over her head. "Who said I'm not sleepy."

Gu Huaian sighed. "Then sleep quickly and stop thinking random thoughts."

He couldn't concentrate on his work.

Shen Tang mumbled softly. How did he know what she was thinking?

The next day, Shen Tang was woken up by knocking on her door.

Still groggy from sleep, she realized it was already past 10 am.

She bolted up in panic. Oh no! It was so late after staying over at someone else's home. What would they think of her!

After hurriedly washing up and going downstairs, she unexpectedly saw a whole family sitting on the sofa.

Including Old Master Gu, Old Madam Gu, Gu Huaian, Gu Qingan, Gu Anran, and Gu Wuyang.

They were all core members of the Gu family.

Shen Tang's steps faltered. She squeezed out an embarrassed yet polite smile. "Morning."

Old Master Gu harrumphed. "It's almost lunch time. What morning!"

Old Madam Gu glared at him. "If you've got nothing nice to say, keep your mouth shut!"

Then she beckoned to Shen Tang affectionately, "Come down quick. You must be hungry. Have a little something first. Lunch will be ready soon."

"Thanks, Mom. I'm not very hungry." Shen Tang sat down awkwardly and looked at Gu Huaian in surprise. She really wanted to ask why he wasn't at work.

It was as if Gu Huaian could read her mind and explained, "I took the day off today."

Gu Huaian thought to himself: I'm not a tapeworm, I can hear your thoughts.