Chapter 2 - Food is Served

Bobby Bearhug was the first to arise besides Dogday and Catnap because of the noise. Everyone was still sleeping around her. She looked at the clock on the wall as she yawned, it was 8:50 AM. She suddenly heard someone laughing and screaming and shushing and then laughing again after. Then, she heard them trip and panic and tell puns. She realized that this was the noise that she had woken up to.

She sat up, brushed her vibrant red fur, and looked at the only light that was turned on. She saw two of the critters, one that was purple and one that was orange, or were they yellow? She couldn't properly see who they were exactly. So she turned her head toward the smiling critters still sleeping beside her.

“Kickinchicken…” She counted, “Hoppy Hopscotch, PickyPiggy, Craftycorn, Bubba Bubbaphant…”

Bobby Bearhug realized that two were missing. She turned her head to the couch and saw that it was empty. She then looked again at the kitchen. It became clear to her that it was Catnap and Dogday who were goofing off in there. She rolled her eyes and smirked, I guess the two who yet to oughta fall for eachother has woken up, huh? She thought to herself as she looked at the two, But what in the world are they doing though? She pushed her head even closer. Catnap and Dogday were cooking steak. Well, atleast she simply assumed they were cooking steak, that could be anything.

Bobby Bearhug decided to wake the other critters, she crawled to Kickinchicken, who was sleeping beside her. She tapped him in the arm and whispered, “Hey… psst,” she tapped even faster, “wake up!“

Kickinchicken mumbled, “…Not now.“

“But—”

“But… nothing! Now, let me sleep!“

Bobby Bearhug pouted and placed her hands on her hips, “How come? You know you can't get too much sleep.“

“Im exhausted! Why don't you bug the others instead if you want to mess around this badly?“

Kickinchicken moved facing against Bobby Bearhug and pulled his blanket as she made a confused look. She waited a few seconds, staring at him. Then she glanced at the clock once again.

She stared at it and watched as the arms tick around the numbers, it was now 8:56 AM. This was usually way past the time everyone wakes up. They always got up at 7:00 AM, or 6:30 AM.
She grumbled as she looked at Kickinchicken. He tried to fall asleep.

“So, you won't wake up, fine,” she crossed her arms, “But why?“

“Its not that late anyway,” Kickinchicken whispered, “now, I expect you to go back to your sleeping bag.“

That's when Bobby Bearhug had an idea to immediately erupt him. To send him in a intense shock and wake the others in a rush. She doesn't like pranking, but right now, it felt needed. “But…” she started, “it's already 4:00 PM.“

“You're telling me that right now, it's 4:00 PM,” He mumbled again, “So what?“

“So…” Bobby Bearhug paused, “that would mean the others would take your breakfast instead.“

Kickinchicken's eyes widened and sat up immediately, turning his head to Bobby Bearhug. She tried not to chuckle as he looked at all the critters sleeping, almost not making any noise at all. He then looked at the clock, he saw the time, groaned, and laid down again on his pillow and held his blanket.

Seriously?“ That was all he had to say.

“Hehehe!“ Bobby Bearhug giggled as Kickinchicken's lips quivered, “See how quickly you got up? You should be like that every day.“