Chapter 13 - Aquatic Morning

Dogday opened his eyes to the sound of birds cawing and flapping their wings along the sea. Catnap was still fast asleep beside him, streching his arms.

Dogday looked at Catnap, then yawned. He rubbed Catnap's head and got up to write in his diary.

Dear Diary,

It's… 7:00 AM. I think! I just woke up, but Catnap is still asleep. He always sleeps! But it's fine with me.♡
After I stretch and brush my teeth, I'll go ahead and wake Catnap up from his sleep, because we're going to the aquarium today! Yay!
Bobby Bearhug told me to do something nice for him, since I have a small crush on him. So, I invited him to go with me in the aquarium. I hope he likes it!
I'll write again later when we come back from the aquarium! Better get ready♡ Just me and Catnap!

Saturday, February 24”

Dogday stretched his arms and legs, then went to the bathroom to scrub his teeth. Catnap heard the water flow from the tap and slowly opened his eyes. He sat up and saw the bathroom light on. Dogday must be up, I'm going to ask him about the letter he made for me.

“Dogday, you're awake?“ Catnap asked sleepily.

“Oh!“ He muffled as he brushed his teeth, “Yep! I'm up. You just woke up?“

“Yes… hey, did you make me a letter yesterday? About the aquarium?“

“Huh?“ Dogday paused, “Mhm! It's… uh, a little weird, but I just wanted to be with you for even just a little today.“

“I'd love to go, Dogday.“

“Really?“ his tail wagged, and he spat out his toothpaste.

“As long as you'll go with me, then, yes.“

“Yay!“ He wiped his face with a towel, ran out the bathroom, and hugged Catnap. Catnap flinched and hugged his back, feeling a little warm inside.

Dogday let go, and put on his backpack. Catnap then got up and prepared for the aquarium.
Three minutes later, Catnap revealed himself to Dogday, wearing his simple, but charming outfit. Dogday gasped and clapped for him. Catnap chuckled and held his hand.

“Let's go,” he said.

“Yeah!“

“Wait, do the others know about this?“ Catnap gripped his hand tighter.

“Not yet.“

“We can tell them later,” Catnap gave a smile.

They then walked out of the cabin, trying not to wake anyone up who was still sleeping. They walked to the aquarium.

Dogday signaled Catnap that they would walk in a different direction as he held the map Bubba Bubbaphant gave him before he entered his cabin last night.
There was a staircase going down which leaded to the aquarium. They went down and looked in awe. All kinds of fish were painted on the roof and bubbles were paibted on the walls. The cash register for the tickets were at the front.

Dogday walked to the cash register. Catnap followed him.

“Hello! Two tickets, please,” Dogday said confidently. I could never do that, Catnap thought.

“Oh, alright. You're going with him?“ The woman running the cash register pointed to Catnap, who stood behind him.

“Yes!“

“Okay, that will be 20$.“

Dogday payed the woman and she let them in.

It started with a long, glass tunnel. Behind the tunnel were sharks and sting-rays that swam around. Dogday turned all around just to see each one come and go.