Chapter 3 - Frontyard

After they ate, they went outside to their frontyard to play. Craftycorn got ready to paint yet again with her easel and acrylic paints. She pushed the easel to a beautiful set of azelea flowers and grabbed her wooden palette and started to paint calmly. As she painted while humming, behind her was Hoppy Hopscotch playing tag with Kickinchicken, Bubba Bubbaphant trying hardly to solve the world's hardest math equation out of boredom, Bobby Bearhug having a conversation with PickyPiggy by the lake, and Catnap was climbing up to a branch on a tall apple tree. The apples were pure red and they were shining proudly all over. These were the trees that PickyPiggy always got her fresh apples from to eat them as a snack. (Although, sometimes, it would definetely have worms chewing it from the inside.)

The wood screeched at his claws as they pierced and scratched it. After he had climbed the tree, he sat on the branch tiringly as he stared at his friends. He slowly closed his eyes to the chirping of the birds and the cold, gentle breeze. He was about to fall asleep.
Soon, as he [Dogday] ran around the soft grass, Dogday caught Catnap napping soundly on the top of the branch on that huge tree.

“Catnap!“ Dogday called from below the tree and Catnap woke up, “Wanna play? I just discovered a brand-new game. Its called 'Midnight,' it sounds like it would really suit you! Hehehe.“

Catnap yawned, and looked at Dogday, “Hm?“ He rubbed his eyes.

“Oh!—” Dogday realized he was talking to Catnap when he was asleep, “I'm so sorry, Catnap! I thought you were awake—”

“It's okay,” Catnap stretched his paws and his back, “I'm just tired. I was trying to take a nap over here.“

He jumped off the tree and walked to Dogday sleepily, “I stayed up late last night watching over you… maybe that's why im so sleepy.“

“Oh, Catnap!” Dogday went closer, “You may be the only one that can make all of us fall fast asleep soundly in a blink of an eye, but you should sleep right after! You know that it's bad to have a lack of sleep!“

“I know, I know…” Catnap laid his head on his hand, “but it's my absolute favorite to do, watching you sleep nicely. Because it makes me happy.“

“But you don't have to watch over us all night!“ Dogday stomped, “You have to sleep with us too.“

“Aw…” Catnap held Dogday's shoulder gently, “Thanks, I appreciate it.“

Dogday suddenly acted stern, “Tonight, I'll be the one to help the others go to sleep. You just rest, understand?“ Dogday held Catnap's paw tightly.

Catnap held his hand back and yawned again, “Well… I guess you're the leader!“

“Good, I felt like that had to be done,” Dogday caressed Catnap's paw, “Now, do you want to go to the others? Or would you want for us to rest right here?“

“I want to stay here for just a little while…” Catnap tripped on his way back to the tree and slumped down, leaning on the trunk, “please, wake me up after five minutes…”

Catnap blinked slowly, but the blinks slowly faded away until it turned to sleeping. Dogday stood there with his mouth open as he found Catnap asleep right there below the vibrant green leaves and the apples that grew by it. He chuckled and slowly walked to Catnap, tickling the grass as he went under the cool shade. He sat beside Catnap as he drooped down his head unknowingly.

“Zzz…” Catnap could've fell into a deep sleep.

Oh, you. Dogday thought as he admired that cat, They don't call you Catnap without a reason, do they?

Dogday just sat there beside Catnap as he slept and gracefully ran his paws through his fluffy purple fur as he snoozed. Dogday continued to rub his head as he moved closer. He leaned his head on Catnap's shoulder and looked at the beautiful scenery, waiting for Catnap to wake up.