Chapter 23 - Pictures in the Sky

“Alright, alright,” Bubba Bubbaphant paced back and forth in their cabin.

Dogday sat on Craftycorn's bed, rocking back and forth in worry. Craftycorn sat beside him in order to try and comfort him.

“Just by what you're saying, he's defenitely upset or scared about something,” Bubba Bubbaphant continued, “Running away unexpectedly? Oh, that's something you should be concerned about.“

I swear to the longest evergoing trunks, Bubba Bubbaphant thought, what is up with Catnap?

Bubba Bubbaphant was just as confused as Dogday was. He knew that Catnap was not the type to express his feelings to his friends all the time, except Dogday, of course.
But him running away? Jeez louise with a little bit of cheese! Yesterday was enough to know that he was upset. He heard everything Dogday and Catnap said, and, now that this conversation is happening, he couldn't help but realize it had been in his head all night.
Well, surely Catnap will feel better… right?

“I am! I am concerned! Why would I not?“ Dogday cried out.

“Calm down, Dogday…” Craftycorn said in a gentle voice.

“Someone has to check up on him. Someone that… won't make Catnap run further.“

“That will be hard,” Dogday looked down. “He didn't even want to talk to me, ever since yesterday.“

“We will find a way to make Catnap talk about it,” Craftycorn reassured.

There was a knocking sound on the door. Bubba Bubbaphant went to get it as Craftycorn patted Dogday's back.

Bubba Bubbaphant opened the door, and PickyPiggy bursted in. She unknowingly shoved Bubba Bubbaphant aside.

“PickyPiggy!“ Bubba Bubbaphant called out sternly.

“Oh, hi, Bubba!“ PickyPiggy energetically jogged in place, “I think we got our stuff mixed up. My apple pillow isn't in my suitcase.“

“How would our things get mixed up?“ Bubba Bubbaphant asked, “It could've just been lost. Just remember where you last put it.“

“I might have been looking in others' suitcases on the inside before we went here a few days ago.“

“And?“

“That is where I last remember putting my apple pillow.“

Bubba Bubbaphant slapped his forehead with his palm, “Seriously, PickyPiggy?“

“Looking, Bubba, looking. Not peeking or snooping or viewing, not even sight-seeing. Looking!“

“All the words you have said mean the same thing,” Bubba Bubbaphant groaned.

“Well, whatever,” PickyPiggy pouted, “I'm going to check.“

PickyPiggy did not even notice Craftycorn and Dogday at first. It was when the moment she walked to Bubba Bubbaphant's closet that she caught a glimpse of them.
But, even if PickyPiggy obviously saw them, she ignored them and carried on to digging in Bubba Bubbaphant's suitcase, hoping to see her apple pillow and reunite with it. It's a real comfort to her—she can't sleep without it.
She found the pillow squished between clothes and books five minutes later, and gasped in delight at it. She instantly picked it up and kissed it multiple times. Again, didn't notice Bubba Bubbaphant's stuff flying to Craftycorn, Dogday, and Bubba Bubbaphant himself, which was her doing.

(A little crazy, how she did not notice. Since they were almost yelling at her to stop, and Bubba Bubbaphant just stood there, his mouth gaping open at the sight.)