Chapter 22 - Catnap Acts a Little Strange

He looked around him again. This time, he saw the same wooden walls, the same wooden roof, and the same wooden floor belonging to the cabin. He was laying down on the bed, with a blanket covering his body. Tear marks stained his pillow.

He rubbed his face, washing his teary eyes. Then sniffled quietly.

Catnap looked out from the window and saw the dazzling sunrise. The night slowly turning into day, and turned his head over to Dogday, who breathed noisily as he slept.

Dogday, thought Catnap, I see why you like the day so much, the sun can be a nice sight, too. I still admire who you are, you know.

He looked at Dogday again, and pet his head. He couldn't stop thinking about that dream. That stupid dream. No wonder he cried in his sleep.

Now, he was sure he wouldn't do what he did to Dogday in his dream in person. Now that he knew what could happen.

He looked at the clock. 6:15 AM, he thought, looks like I woke up before the others.

Catnap stroked Dogday's fur gently, and he opened his eyes.

“Catnap?“ Dogday muttered as he rubbed his eyes and yawned.

Catnap squeaked, “Dogday? Sorry to wake you up!“ He stammered. He felt like he didn't want to talk to Dogday as much today.

“It's okay,” Dogday replied, “What time is it?“

Catnap pointed at the clock.

“Six?” Dogday yawned again. “Why are you up so early?“

Catnap shrugged, and looked away from Dogday, with an obvious frown.

Dogday concernedly tapped him, “Are you okay?“

“Mhm,” Catnap forced a smile. “Just a dream.“

“Oh, did you have a nightmare?“ Dogday looked at Catnap's eyes. “Your eyes, they're all puffy and swelling! And are those tears on your pillow?!“

Catnap shrugged again sadly.

“Come on,” Dogday grabbed his arm. “Tell me. It's okay.“

Catnap didn't give a reply. Dogday felt his body tremble, and his long tail twitch.

Catnap had something on his mind. Suddenly, he shook his head, got out of bed, groomed his fur, and went to go outside, leaving Dogday behind and puzzled. Catnap didn't even tell him he would be going outside.

Dogday looked out the window, and saw Catnap just standing still, his head buried in his hands. He sniffled and toom a deep breath. Dogday could also heard sounds of soft weeping.

Dogday felt his heart break in pieces. It was the saddest thing he could hear. Why didn't Catnap want to tell him what kind of thoughts were swirling in his head?

Catnap slumped down on the ground and covered himself with his arms. He cried silently, without any reason.

What is wrong with Catnap? Dogday thought, he is behaving so weirdly! He isn't talking to me as much as usual, and he's starting to get sadder for some reason! Heck, he's CRYING OUTSIDE!

Dogday had enough. He didn't care if it was six o' clock. He just wanted to talk to him. And if Catnap doesn't want to talk to him, he will call their friends to talk to him, then.
Dogday sat up and held two blankets under his arms. He stood up and walked outside, then walked to Catnap.

Catnap gasped as he saw Dogday. He instantly wiped his eyes and gave yet another forced smile.

Dogday wrapped the blanket around him, “It's cold during the morning, have this blanket.“