Chapter 14 - Guilty of Love

Dogday and Catnap returned back from the aquarium. Turn out, the other smiling critters were waiting for them at the shore. They looked like they were getting ready for something.

Bobby Bearhug gave a huge smile as they walked to them. Dogday ran to her as fast as he could, while Catnap just continued to walk. He had a slight frown on his face.

“Soo,” Bobby Bearhug whispered, “how did it go?“

Dogday started to smile.

“What happened? I can see your face, you know.“

Dogday covered his mouth.

“Tell me!“

Dogday blushed as he pointed to his cheek. Catnap looked at Dogday and squeaked. He ran to Dogday, then shoved him. He fell to the sand, laughing.

Bobby Bearhug looked at Catnap, smirking.

It's nothing. He meant nothing. Absolutely nothing,” Catnap meant by shaking his head, “I didn't do anything.“

“What did you do, Catnaaap?“ Bobby Bearhug leaned in closer.

Catnap didn't answer; he felt so guilty. He just shook his head slowly, and walked away from them.

“Catnap?“ Dogday grabbed his arm. “Where are you going?“

Catnap pointed at Sunshine Café.

“Oh, okay. Be careful…”

“I will, don't worry. I just need to think about something.“

Catnap rubbed Dogday's head and walked to Sunshine Café. Bobby Bearhug approached Dogday and stood beside him.

He kissed me in my cheek,” Dogday whispered to Bobby Bearhug, and blushed.

REALLY?!“

“Shh!“ Dogday covered her mouth, “Catnap is still there, you know?“

“Ooohh,” Bobby Bearhug patted his back. “Right, can't let him know I have any idea of it.“

PickyPiggy walked to them. She tapped their backs.

“Okay,” she began, “first question, where have you been? Second question, what are you two talking about?“

“Oh! Hi, PickyPiggy!“ Dogday said, “To answer your questions, I've been at the aquarium.“

“The aquarium!“ Bubba Bubbaphant exclaimed. Turns out he had been eavesdropping, “What did you do? Were you alone?“

“No, Catnap was with me,” Dogday replied.

“Why Catnap?“

“I invited him, because… uh…”

“Because he likes him,” Bobby Bearhug answered for Dogday. He blushed and elbowed her. “Catnap kissed him in the cheek, and now he's falling for him even more. I have a feeling Catnap might like him, too.“

“Be quiieeet!“ Dogday said.

“He kissed you on the cheek?“ Bubba Bubbaphant smiled, “Haha! What am I saying? Your whole face is red. I think he did.“

“Bubba, be quiet,” PickyPiggy said, “You're making him blush even more.“

“Where did Catnap go?“ Bobby Bearhug asked.

“Sunshine Café,” Dogday looked at the building.

Catnap slowly pulled out a seat from inside of Sunshine Café and sat down. He tapped his fingers on the glass table, making a soft sound.

He felt regret over everything he just did during the aquarium visit with Dogday. Why did he do that? His thoughts raced.
He knew Dogday wouldn't have a happy reaction to him kissing his cheek, yet, he still did it anyway. Oh, Catnap. You're so stupid, he thought to himself, quivering his lips, Of course Dogday would react like that!
He began to consider everything within their relationship. After that aquarium visit, Catnap could never, ever, I mean— ever! Get close to Dogday again. He loved him, but he thought that Dogday didn't feel the same, and would just leave him behind brutally if Catnap ever even just hinted that he cares about him more than anything and anyone—more than a friend.

“He's probably considering to hate me forever now,” Catnap said to himself.

A worker walked to Catnap, and saw him anxiously breathing. She grabbed a menu just by her left and offered it to him.

“Would you like to order, sir?“ She asked, “You seem quite nervous.“

“No… I'm okay. Just here to think about something,” Catnap replied by gestures.

“Alright, just let us know if you need anything.“

The worker walked away, carrying the menu in her hands.

Catnap looked at his paws and set them down the table with his head. He was about to take a small nap to try to chase the regret of what he did to Dogday awhile ago.
But, with his eye, he saw Dogday coming up to him with a slight frown on his face. He already knew Dogday was going to confront him about the situation.

Dogday opened the cafe doors and looked for Catnap's table. When he saw it, he quickly ran towards it.

“Catnap! So, you've been here all this time!“ Dogday said, and Catnap's head turned up. “Are you okay? I have to talk to you about something—”

Catnap stood up, pushed his chair back, and completely ignored Dogday trying to talk to him. He walked past him, holding back his tears. He flung open the doors and left. Dogday was dumbfounded about what Catnap just did.

“Catnap?“ Dogday looked over his shoulder, and he was completely gone from his sight. “…What did I do wrong... Catnap?“

Dogday felt horrible. Whatever he had done, it upset Catnap, and hurt his feelings. He hoped Catnap would talk to him again later.

Catnap ran away from him and slowed down until Dogday could no longer see him.

If he is mad at me, then I understand,” Catnap sadly hung his head downwards, “I'll just get out of his way until he feels better.“