02. THE BEST BROTHER

"WOW, ISAGI-CHAN! YOU GOT THE HIGHEST SCORE!"

First year student Isagi [Name] stood side by side with her friends as they all observed the final exam rankings. There her name was, sitting right at the top of all the 2000 other students.

One of her friends grabbed her arm excitedly. "You're amazing, Isagi-chan. 980 points!"

"Thanks, Mina," the girl smiled. 'I scored the highest again...'

"Hey, check it out, Isagi!" Tada approached and wrapped an arm around her shoulders with a proud smirk. "[Name]-chan scored the top again."

She felt Tada's grip leave her forcibly and was replaced with her brother's familiar touch.

[Name] looked at him, "Yoichi-nii..."

"That's enough hugs for today, Tada..." Yoichi said, his smile warm but not genuine until he looked [Name]. "Good job, [N/n]. I'm proud of you." He gave her a proud headpat. "You're awesome. Keep it up!"

[Name] stared at her older brother, the weight of his words sinking in. Despite his protective nature, Yoichi's support and encouragement had always been unwavering. He wasn't just her brother; he was her role model, the one who inspired her to push herself harder and reach for her goals.

Seeing the pride in Yoichi's eyes filled [Name] with a sense of accomplishment and validation. His praise meant more to her than any top score or accolade. It was a reminder that she wasn't alone in her journey, that she had someone who believed in her unconditionally.

A small smile tugged at the corners of [Name]'s lips as she responded, "Thanks, Yoichi-nii." Her brother's words fueled her determination to continue striving for excellence, knowing that he'd always be there to support her every step of the way.

Her eyes closed as she relished his presence.

'Nii-chan...is the nicest person in the world.'

.

.

.

"Nii-chan!!" A young [Name] cried out in the midst of falling rain. She had lost her way after chasing after a cat, and now she was clueless on how to get back home.

Luckily, she didn't cry for long.

"[Name]!" A young Yoichi sprints to her aid and exhales heavily as he stops before her. "There you are!" His unruly hair mirrored his tired expression.

"N-Nii-chan...!! I'm so sorry!!" She cried into his shirt. "I saw a cute cat and ended up getting lost...!!"

"It's okay now!" He smiled. "You're not lost anymore! I'm here now!"

[Name]'s eyes shimmered. "Nii-chan..."

"Come on," he grabbed her hand gently to pull her up from the wet concrete, "Lets go home!"

With determination etched on his young face, Yoichi led [Name] through the maze of streets, his small hand tightly gripping hers as they navigated the familiar yet daunting neighborhood. Raindrops soaked their clothes and backpacks, but neither of them cared as they trudged onward, the sound of their footsteps mixing with the rhythmic patter of rain.