16. VERSUS UBERS

"QUIT LAUGHING, Lorenzo. Every time you show off those disgusting gold teeth, it pisses me off." Kaiser informs. His eyes narrow with disgust as he sees Lorenzo flash those teeth at him once more. He never enjoyed such things — never will enjoy seeing people ruin their teeth.

"Michael." Lorenzo grins, "If I shut you down...that means I'm worth more than 300 million, am I right?"

"As always...you're a creepy gold-toothed loan shark who only sees people as money." Kaiser retorts and ignores his question.

"Well, duh. The saying "there's nothing in this world that money can't buy", is true, right? Let's see..." He starts pinpointing the players, "27 million. 30 million. 24 million. 29 million." He gestures to Yoichi, "50 million. Time to devour them all, Ubers. Ready to counterattack?"

Oliver smirks.

"It's coming! He's going long!" Raichi yells out.

"Watch out for the counter!" Gagamaru shouts.

"In your dreams," Kunigami sprints before the boy can kick the ball, "you gold-toothed weirdo."

"Buh bye... Baby," Lorenzo kicks the ball between the male's legs and runs past him, "47 million."

"Huh..."

"Try and get past me, Mr. Next Gen World XI!" Raichi stops in front of him, "Challenge me to a duel."

"Huh? Aren't you worth absolutely zero?" Lorenzo deadpans at him, "Can I call you Mr. Worthless?" He twists his upper body.

"What the...?!"

He dribbles the ball.

His eyes widen, "Whoa?! Guh..."

'What's with this guy's dribbling?! I can't read his center of gravity?! His upper and lower body are moving in totally different directions. What are you, some kind of zombie?!'

The black-haired male kicks the ball between his legs and spins to catch the ball.

"What the?! What's with that crazy feint?! Even though he's a CB, he's bringing the ball up by himself!" Igarashi exclaims.

[Name] watches and takes notes in fascination. 'Amazing! How crafty of him.'

On the field, Lorenzo initiated a sequence of passes with Sendou and another teammate, showcasing their exceptional teamwork and precision. As they effortlessly moved the ball back to Lorenzo, the opposition began to realize the threat they were facing. The buzz-cut player recognized Lorenzo's influence and urged his team to focus on stopping him.

Meanwhile, Hiori observed the game silently, noting the team's tactical prowess. He recognized how Ubers utilized Lorenzo's skills to their advantage, seamlessly transitioning between defense and attack. With Lorenzo at the heart of their strategy, Ubers' aggressive and organized playstyle became apparent.

As the play developed, Lorenzo found himself in a scoring position near the penalty area. Despite the opposing team's attempts to block him, Lorenzo remained composed, effortlessly evading their challenges and maintaining possession of the ball. With precision and confidence, he executed a shot on goal, drawing admiration from his teammates.

Among them, Barou acknowledged Lorenzo's contribution, emphasizing their symbiotic relationship on the field. Their partnership symbolized Ubers' offensive prowess, with Barou and Lorenzo working in tandem to create scoring opportunities.

However, the unexpected intervention of Yoichi disrupted their plans, as he successfully blocked Lorenzo's shot. Hiori, observing from the sidelines, recognized the significance of Yoichi's defensive prowess, hinting at a shift in momentum.