13. OVERHEAT

THE MATCH sparks excitement for everyone alike. As each team prepares to face off, the TV crew focuses on delivering an even more thrilling commentary to highlight the experience.

"Welcome to Blue Lock TV, where the momentum never stops! Football fans around the world, it's time for the third match to start! Will we see a chain of Michael Kaiser goals? Will we witness a storm of Isagi Yoichi's egoist plays? What will be the power of the English Team, first seen today? Dear viewers all around the world, it's time for Neo Egoist League's Third Match: Germany's "Bastard Munchen" versus England's "Manshine City"! Kick-off!

Kaiser stands in the middle with the ball under his foot as Ness stands next to him. He kicks the ball to Ness, who catches it. Yoichi takes a deep breath. 'Let's go! VS England! In the ten days leading to this match, I've run simulations on how to fight! My first condition is Kunigami...! He's not going to play along with me, he'll try to score on his own!'

'The defenders are already wary of him, after watching the last match, meaning he'll be roughly marked! And to Kaiser... He's a disturbance on the field...! But that doesn't change the fact that Kaiser is still the center of this team! The way his off-the-ball movements always feel like the ideal to me are proof... That he's a superior version of me!'

Ness kicks the ball, an opposing male tries to block it, but Grim gets the ball. 'So what I have to do now is to always watch him...' Yoichi thinks, watching Kaiser. 'To analyze him, understand him, and use him to evolve myself!'

Kaiser stops in front of an opposing team member before running to the side.

Grim kicks the ball to the blond with blue, but Yoichi cuts in. "This again, Yoichi?" Kaiser mutters, turning his head.

'Just as planned!' Yoichi's eyes seem to glow, 'Now I just have to...'

"You never change. Always going after your own teammates," Reo says, blocking him from getting to the ball, shocking him. "Saw you coming a mile away, Isagi."

'Reo... He's way stronger than before...! He improved his physical this much...?!'

As the game continues, [Name] jots down everything she sees in her notebook. Her eyes were twinkling with fascination and her writing kept getting messier to keep up.

The game seems more like a dream the more it progressed.

"I know what makes you two tick now..." Isagi walks up to Reo and Nagi, "A goal like that was built on things like "springtime of youth"... There's no value in success if you can't reproduce it. I'll crush you. In this match... There won't be any more miracles... for you two." He glares at them.

As Isagi kicks the ball from under Kaiser's leg, sending it towards the goal, Kunigami rushes up and strikes the ball into the net.

"Gooooal! From Isagi Yoichi's assist, Kunigami Rensuke scores on a spectacular volley shot! And with that, Bastard Munchen leads 2-1!"

"Ah..." Isagi grits his teeth, "Kh..." He clenches a fist while the other hand grips his head.

'Shit! I would have f***ing scored! I don't need any f***ing assist! He stole my goal...! If only he didn't get in the way! Go to hell, Kunigami...'

"Aw geez. You shouldn't have shot, Yoichi. All you had to do was let me have the ball." Kaiser says, walking, "You definitely aren't in a good position to score by shooting in between my legs. As we both see, you miss in the end. Good grief, Yoichi. You must really love dishing out assists."

"...I'll crush you... Kaiser..." Isagi says maliciously.

"Hm?"

He turns to him, one eye exposed, glaring at him with a hateful gaze, "I'll kill you even if it's the last thing I do."