12. VERSUS ENGLAND

TEN DAYS have passed and [Name] eagerly awaits the rest of the announcements from the medical ward. With her eyes glued to the screen, she fidgets with the bandage wraps in her hands while awaiting for Noa to hopefully say the name she really wants to hear.

"Center forward, Michael Kaiser."

She frowns. 'Bleh.'

"Next, on the upper right, Kunigami Rensuke."

She puffs her cheeks and clenches a fist in anticipation. 'Come on...!'

"On the left side as an offensive midfielder...Isagi Yoichi."

"YES, YES, YES, YES!" She pumps up her fist for each yes she yells out.

"You're very excited, huh?"

The girl stops parading around and sheepishly smiles, "...Oh-! Uh, yeah. Haha."

The medical ward was quiet, now, with the exception of [Name] and her patient chatting as she wraps up his broken leg in a bandage and cast.

The boy smiles, "I've seen him play and I've gotta say! He's an amazing player. Along with that Kaiser guy."

[Name]'s cheeks flush slightly and she frowns at the mention of Michael Kaiser, her pain-in-the-a** friend. These past ten days have been filled with nothing but teasing and annoyances by him, and she wanted nothing better than to throw him across the field.

"For real. Yoichi is an excellent soccer player."

The patient stares at the slightly annoyed doctor. "Um...are you alright, Isagi-san?"

[Name] lets out a sigh, shaking her head slightly. "Yeah, sorry about that. Just... dealing with a particularly annoying teammate lately."

The patient raises an eyebrow, intrigued. "Oh? Do tell."

[Name] chuckles, rolling her eyes. "It's nothing, really. Just Kaiser being his usual self – teasing, taunting, and generally getting under my skin."

The patient nods in understanding. "Ah, I see. Sounds like quite the character."

"You have no idea," [Name] mutters, a hint of exasperation in her voice. "But despite his antics, I have to admit, he's a talented player. It's just... frustrating sometimes."

The patient smiles sympathetically. "Well, at least you know he's got your back on the field, right?"

[Name] pauses, considering his words. "Yeah, I guess you're right. He may be a pain, but when it comes down to it, Kaiser is always there when the team needs him."

The patient nods in agreement. "That's the spirit. And hey, with players like your brother and Kaiser on your team, I have no doubt Germany will come out on top."

[Name] smiles, feeling a surge of confidence. "Hopefully."

The boy smiles.

He then remembers something important.

"Oh! The Manshine vs Bastard match is starting soon! Are you going to stay here and watch it?" The patient asks.

[Name]'s eyes widen in alarm at the mention of the match. "Oh no! I completely forgot about it!" She glances at the clock and realizes she's running out of time. "I have to go! Thank you for reminding me! P-press the red button beside you! Another physician will be here to help with your treatment."

Then, she sprints to the German stratum's main field, praying to make it on time a bit before kickoff begins.

'Shit!!'